The Current Bugs Thread!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by rydash, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Kror

Kror Member

I just noticed that Blood Mana (from Sanguinista) grants mana even on Vegetable and Construct kills even though the XML says:

Code:
    <spell name="Blood Mana" type="self" icon="skills/skill_bloodmagic.png" >
       <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Animal" />
       <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Demon" />
       <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Other" />   
       </spell>
    Maybe the interpretation of "other" was changed so now everything counds as other.. or something else

2. Archos

Archos Member

I found something curious: if you kick/push a bolt-like trap (those that shoot things from a wall), it creates a new shotter on the wall, on the same vertical line as the trap trigger. When you step on it, only the one vertically alligned shoots you.

Examples:

Before:
    2012-08-07_00004.jpg

After:
    2012-08-07_00005.jpg
    2012-08-07_00006.jpg

Also, i'm able to push traps (any kind) through closed doors. This is somewhat useful, but kinda weird and exploitable :p

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

in Hotfix 8, when an Animal Friend'd monster dies, you don't get experience for it. Not sure if this is intended or not, but in the past it has always been that you still get XP from killing them.

4. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

I'm not sure if this is intended from the skill description or not, but in the Daggers tree, the "Two attacks, one dagger" skill procs even if you don't have any daggers equipped. My character has a mace and an axe, but this skill procs all the time anyhow. I guess it means I am sneaky enough to pull a dagger out (whether I actually possess one or not) and get in an attack while dual wielding two unrelated weapons. Or it could be a bug. :)

5. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

This happens with other skill trees as well. This is a problem with all skill trees as well as MoA and Shield Bearer; though at least with weapon trees you don't get stats unless you have an appropiate weapon equipped.

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Haven't tried a hotfix build yet, but I'm seeing cases where friend'd animals can occupy the same space as indifferent ones.

Also, I haven't played a build with a charm skill before; summoned pets like golems or fungi cause hostiles to stop and fight, but that isn't happening with animal friend, they tend to dance around each other (unless BOTH are friend'd, then they duel until one dies or unfriends). Intentional?

7. grumpycow

grumpycow Member

In the wizardlands, the portal out was covered by a pillar. After I knocked it off of the portal, any attempt to get onto the portal results in my game crashing. If it makes any difference, I'm running the game on a mac with snow leopard.

8. Bobson

Bobson Member

This is probably not actually a bug, but I had a gargoyle spawn inside a shop, directly in line with Brax... so when I set off the trap (which was outside the shop I hadn't even found yet), Brax got hit by the bolt and called out his guards. Luckily, that was the third room I explored, so I didn't mind losing the character. Gargoyles in shops.png The trap was in the space south-east of my character.

Kyrie likes this.
  9. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

THAT was amazingly unlucky.

You should be proud.

10. Kror

Kror Member

I just looked in the files and you don't acutally need smithing for anything in that tree. Neither skills nor any of the recipes you get from the skills. All recipes need tinkering.

11. Kror

Kror Member

Confirmed. This also means that you can get the bonuses 3 times if you equip two daggers.
    The same is true for polearms. Got 30 Melee Power on level 5 since you get the bonus + the bonus for each polearm equipped. Resulting in thrice the bonus.

12. Aegho

Aegho Member

But the recepies requires things that are made with smithing. Such as full plate armor.

13. Kror

Kror Member

Hm yeah ok.. Well... But thats a little bit far away ^^

14. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

My mod seems to crash the XML validator, break crafting recipes and remove images from them. The mod itself is complicated as Dredmor's newcomer protocol (GO TO YOUR POST!) but it doesn't seem to matter at all.

I've tried weird things like lining up the primary buffs (Yes, I have no idea) etc, YET it seems that it could only be the version update or something alike.

Sorry, it seems that Dungeons of Dredmor can't handle Farthen Dûr or ampère (ironically ampère broke items by adding voltaic damage to them) a.k.a special characters.

15. Kror

Kror Member

Hm now I notice that every non-cancelable buff (so every buff and even curses without removeable="1" ) do not refresh their timer when reapplied (/ and when the stack is full).
    Just noticed that for "Duck and Cover!" and tested it with Lingering Weakness (from e.g. Deathly Hex).
    Is that new or did that always behave like that? This makes stuff like the Master of Arms ULTIMATE and many other skills that proc buffs / curses worse than before. But I just noticed that since Suit Up! isn't cancelable anymore. Maybe it's been like that forever. Can anyone confirm?

16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, for now use only English characters in mods.

17. Tahau

Tahau Member

I confirm disappearing of items which are stolen from Brax with full inventory ("Five-finger discount" skill). But I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature :)

Also I've noticed a minor bug. When I'm unequipping my amulet (actually it's "The window of elements" with random name and additional +1 crit chance bonus), all the resistances (+3 crushing, conflagratory, hyperborean and voltaic) remain the same as if it was still equipped. Equpping it back doesn't change anything, resistance values are frozen, but at the same time bonus crit chance increases and decreases as intended. Equipping another amulet lowers resistances to correct values.

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a bug.

It refreshes shown values when you move. Or at least it should.

19. Weird bug, I'm noticing the console/damage/feed thing of at the top of the screen is saying "Your spell does no damage" even when my spells clearly did damage.

Or, at the very least, it's NOT listing spell damage? Except when the spells do no damage? I'm not entirely clear what's going on but there's definitely something weird.

Cast sandstorm in a monster zoo and you get an endless string of "your spell does no damage", with no actual damage being listed in between, even when you clear the entire zoo; at the very least. >.<

20. Bobson

Bobson Member

With the current patch (version 8) - after loading a save, I went back into my pocket dimension and everything was black. I got a message saying "You have to gather your party" (which is odd because I don't have anyone), and it was just black. I could still move around and mouse over things for the tooltips, and all the UI elements were there, but the dimension itself was black. Leaving and reentering, and reloading from a save didn't fix it, but walking to the central console and changing the background did. I had the level 3 background up.