Return of the (Lack of) XP Rollover! [BUG]

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by InnocuousJoe, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

What the flying **** is a crownstar addendum!?

2. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

The highest level artifact in the game. It is an amulet and therefor can be found in a fountain (though the odds aren't good). You can buy one from brax for like 45 million+.

3. ROCKETDUCK

ROCKETDUCK Member

(Objection!) There are a lot more minibosses wandering around these days, both in the dungeons themselves and in the various parallel dimensions that keep popping into existence. I keep getting hit by this when killing them; most memorably when I took out a miniboss robot in a Mysterious Portal level at level 9 (DL3) and only got to use ~200 of its 1400 XP drop (my XP bar was still maxed after the cap refresh).

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Ok.

It begs the question now, however as to how leveling up a bunch of extra times is more game breaking than having a way overpowered artifact earlier than you're supposed to

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

All those levels you would've gotten from it normally would not only give you skills, but also way more stats than the item gave you.

6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

On the other hand, would you really be that far ahead of the curve by the time you got to the really hard stuff on DLs 7-10? The XP curve increases exponentially, all the stuff on the first six floors is probably only three levels or so to a CL 10 player. Would you even be CL 10 after a Crownstar? I'm a little fuzzy on how much XP you get from one, I've never found one while I had Archaeology (due to my horrible tendency to skip floors once I'm CL 25, I'm sure).

7. Warskull

Warskull Member

If people are so scared of "It belongs in a museum" completely breaking the game then it can be changed to never give you more than one level of XP. If the XP value of the item is greater than the XP value needed to level, they only get the XP value needed to level.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's a level 14 item with artefact quality of 27. Ergo, it gives 22.680 experience. I agree it's not that much when you get some levels, but if you just begun, it can wreck the semblance of balance that we have completely.

And once they do something like that and fix the problem they had with getting multiple levels at once, they will be free to make that change.