Weaponizing the Lutefisk Paradox?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by whoopsiedaisy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. whoopsiedaisy

whoopsiedaisy Member

I was just wondering what the destructive potential of the Lutefisk Paradox is. I realize it also damages you, but I was thinking the large AoE damage might have potential. I haven't tried it much myself except for one time where I was at five health and it killed me instantly. :p
    So what do you think?

2. Bnips

Bnips Member

Well 'd think you need to be a fire mage for the additional fire resistance (it is fire damage right?) to have a chance to resist it, and unfortunately if you are a fire mage you have plenty of giant explosion spells where you don't end up blowing yourself up.

3. whoopsiedaisy

whoopsiedaisy Member

@Bnips
    It is fire damage, yes, although there are plenty other ways to get fire resistance.
    So assuming the damage it does to you is minimal/nullified, exactly how devastating is it to everyone else, I wonder?

4. I don't know if it benefits from any of your stats or it's a set amount of damage. But since I survived it at low levels, I don't think it's usefulness goes beyond killing a few diggles (if it even kills them)

5. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

I dunno, the one time I did it it didn't even kill the Lil Batty sitting next to me.

6. Countmore

Countmore Member

It's practically useless, I unleashed it on a Dlvl 2 Monster Zoo, and not a single mob died.

And I died instead when I tried to run away.

7. Bronze

Bronze Member

I think they should make it have a massive aoe damage effect, and function like an insta hit Bolt of Mass Destruction in its radius. It would just be fun to commit suicide when you know your going to die anyway and take a room full of monsters down with you. Just for the Lulz. Not so interested in using it as a viable tactic.

After all your messing with the space time continuum. You shouldn't be able to survive but it could give you a higher score.

I wonder if it would crash the game if you took out Dredmor with it, did you win or did you lose? I smell a new steam Paradox achievement waiting to happen. :)

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Bronze It's not a Portable hole into a Bag of Holding, there's no reason for the universe to explode over it. :) I mean, that PH into a BoH could kill Bane, and he's a God. It's a rather powerful trick. :)

Killing the player in this game is a bit overpowered. If anything, it's a nice little unique feature that they added. No need to make the damage too high.
    Well, the bolt of destruction idea is nice, then it could tear through walls. :)
    I'm surprised the mass destruction bolt doesn't hurt you that much if you're in the blast zone. :)

9. satoru

satoru Member

My friend invented the "D&D Nuke" back in the day. Combine

10 Staff of the Magi
    wrap them Necklace of Missiles
    cap each end with Helm of Brilliance

Break the staves and pray you get the 1% to be teleported into another dimension

What we really need is a Transmat with a Portable Hole though.

10. Lucentdepths

Lucentdepths Member

lol. good luck getting 10x staff of the magi, 10x(or more) necklace of missiles and 2x Helms of Brilliance without a dumb GM running the worst Monty Haul ever :p

11. satoru

satoru Member

@Lucentdepths That's what the Transmat with the Portable Hole is for. Another vorpal blade of quickness? Vendor trash! ^o^

Besides every DM runs at least one Monty Haul campaign in their lives. Usually early on, and usually when they go from a PC to a DM.