Making things less tedious: My humble suggestions.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jam Warrior, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jam Warrior

Jam Warrior Member

From the blog post of things that need addressing:

'Make lockpicking less tedious.
    Make sporecrafting less tedious.'

I suggest:

(a) Just starting thievery users with an infinite lockpick stack or another item that has the same effect. They effectively have this anyway so save us the clicking.

(b) Dropping the whole spore thing completely as it is an unnecessary extra clicky step. Just have each corpse have a chance to sprout fungi automagically when killed by a Fungologist.

(c) Start Fungologists and Crafters with an item that opens up into a seperate storage window that only takes the items of their trade. Inventory filling can be serious hassle and puts people off choosing these skills.

2. Hyfrydle

Hyfrydle Member

I agree this would really help with the excess clicking. Maybe the chance of a fungus increases based on character level or maybe after each kill a random number of spores appear automatically.

3. Countmore

Countmore Member

I like the suggestions. These also mean that you can't generate infinite gold/lutefisk as well.

4. clocknova

clocknova Member

Yes and yes, although I've never picked the mycologist skill, so I can't speak to that. But the extra lockpick skill would be better served by just giving us a skeleton key that lasts indefinitely. There's not much point in making us click-wait-click for new ones to appear.

5. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

They'd also need to change lockup (longer cooldown?), which consumes lockpicks.