Crash on loading save

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Danswan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Danswan

Danswan Member

I played a good 4 hours and then the game crashes whenever i load the save, whats wrong?

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We had a little gotcha, which has now been fixed. (I hope!) It will be pushed into the next build.

3. sphenny

sphenny Member

So the game is pretty much pointless to play until you put the steam patch up then? Great.

4. Bash

Bash Member

I'm having the same issue, so I hope a fix is imminent so I can get back to playing.

5. Codpanzee

Codpanzee Member

I will likely try to keep myself from playing until a patch comes out. I sent my savegame to contact@gaslampgames.com hoping that they can debug it out.

6. Aardvarkk

Aardvarkk Member

I'm loving this game, it's just the right sort of dungeon-y explorer type game I've been craving! That said, my save game still doesn't load even after the patch this morning. I'm not mad, just letting you all know. Thanks again for the fun game :)

7. Noven

Noven Member

It's the same for me, odd... it only started to not load after I tried Fraps to do a bit of testing, Fraps didn't pick it up though even, so I don't know how that could be the issue. Eh, it's no matter, time to start up a new game is all :)

8. kbe

kbe Member

First save after update crashed game now every time I try to load my save game it just keeps crashing the game, 4+ hours down the hole.

9. DorthLous

DorthLous Member

I just bought the game on Steam, played through a few rooms, saved, it crashed on exit (chose save and exit) and now when I attempt to reload, it crashes. The game is fun to death, please fix this urgently. Thanks.

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Please send both save-games to contact@gaslampgames.com and we'll take a look-see.

Nicholas

11. kbe

kbe Member

Just sent my save via email, hopefully it can be recovered. Also I wondering if you guys can change over to a slot save system that's just shared instead with an automatic backup system whenever the game is closed.

12. satoru

satoru Member

I've sent a save, the crash dump and the stdout file as well to the email listed. Hope it helps you figure it out.

For everyone, the .dmp file and stdout are in your Steam folder under c:\program files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeons of dredmor