What the heck is a Clockwork Threshing?

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by Tycho, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Tycho

Tycho Member

Title says it all. Dredmorpedia isn't offering much insight on this I fear.

2. Aegho

Aegho Member

A boosted additional melee attack.

3. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

4. SigFloyd

SigFloyd Member

AFAIK, it adds a chance of giving you an additional attack in the same turn. That attack in turn can also trigger another Clockwork Threshing. The Clockwork Ravager axe also adds to the skill with Charge of the Steam Brigade adding even more. The highest I've seen it go is seven attacks in one turn, dealing almost 1000 damage in total, though that's quite rare to see. If you were really lucky with it, you could go completely ape shit on Dredmor himself and kill him in 3-4 turns.

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

(sorry, off topic)

OMG I haven't seen heard or thought about the Super Mario Super Show in so long! That show had the single worst ending theme song in the entire history of human media! Thank you, SigFloyd, for that blast from what should firmly and absolutely stay in the past. :D

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  6. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Does Nice Combo! and Threshing work together? I would love a 50% chance of another hit and to see how long that chain will go.

7. Aegho

Aegho Member

Yup.

8. Essence

The Dagger skill from CoW will also have a stance that adds a second attack 30% of the time. It's going to be possible to make a build centered on multipile attacks per round soon. :)

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I do love to here about the new DLC :)

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That was the very first spoiler I am aware of regarding the soon to be released expansion. Thank you Essence. (I do not refer to it as DLC. It is not Horse Armor, it is a full-blown expansion. Gaslamp Games does not do the crappy DLC scam other game makers do.)

Essence likes this.
  11. marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod Member

Dude, it is dlc. It's just good DLC. DLC isn't a dirty word, and it doesn't mean bad. It means more content after the game is put out.

12. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

This. Remember, before DLC existed, there were Horse Armor-esque expansion packs. Hell, the entire second Roller Coaster Tycoon game is widely regarded as an expansion pack to the first game.

13. marsgreekgod

marsgreekgod Member

One thing can be both dlc and an expansion pack, it is content that you download it is dlc.

14. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

...Yes. What I was saying is, before downloads were a thing, add-ons that you had to pay money for that were actually kind of terrible already existed.

15. mining

mining Member

I personally only call it DLC if you can't buy a physical copy of it somewhere.

16. Essence

So ALL of DoD isDLC?

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. mining

mining Member

To define it more formally:

I define an add on to a core game as DLC if it cannot be physically purchased.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Semantics...

I wish I had never mentioned my prejudice for DLC... I hated the Horse Armor and custom costume crap DLC that is sadly becoming the norm these days. Horse Armor was called an expansion? What did it expand besides the pocketbooks of Bethesda and the disappointment of the gamers?

The whole reason I said the Gaslamp Games Expansions are not DLC is that DLC is what I consider garbage in general. If someone wants to slap a "Windows" key on a standard 101 keyboard and then call it a "Windows" keyboard they can, but I absolutely refuse. Windows is an OS that uses the hardware. Windows is not an OS that made the hardware.

Now call it what you will. I made my point earlier and tried to clarify now. 'Nuff said. :)

19. mining

mining Member

At least Bethesda's Skyrim DLC is promising to be good.

20. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

I kind of agree with OmniNegro in there is a tendancy for DLC to be small updates of content more akin to patches than an actual expansion. While expansions are typically larger and still called that even though they may well be downloadable.

While there have been crap expansions to games in the past (as well as crap sequels) you still got a good amount of content (even crap) for your cash. While DLC tends to also focus on specific aspects of the game rather than expanding all aspects of a game as well.

Technically yes, though you wouldn't refer to it as such. As would any games that are only accessable by digital distribution (also a missnomer as CDs and DVDs are a digital medium as well, so I should say a physical medium).

OmniNegro likes this.