Lutefisk

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Sokaron, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Sokaron

Sokaron Member

So, when I get a lutefisk cube, I generally use my ingot press to split stuff I don't want for max yield. However, I have heard that this generally frowned upon. Why? The devs stated in the Laundry Day post that they want an on inventory way to split stuff, this is a substitute until then. Softballs are dirt cheap in vending machines, why not take advantage of this?

2. nickwolf

nickwolf Member

Where did you hear that its frowned upon? I havent heard a single thing against it

3. Sokaron

Sokaron Member

In threads a couple pages back.

4. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

I usually don't bother - there's enough stuff lying around that I don't need that I get enough for shrines without splitting.
    I do, however, use it to split off gems before transmuting them (ditto with mushrooms at times).

5. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's a secret most people dont know of:
    Lutefisk statues give their items on a chance. I dunno if it's 1% per lutefist, but this is how it works:

if you drop 10, lets assume you have a 10% chance to get it. If you dont get it, it starts to be cumulative. If you drop another 1, you have 11% to get it. From just dropping 1. So it's actually a lot better to keep just a few lutes, some items to burn, and the rest to sell. I usually drop traps or things to get 6-10 lutes, then hit the statue, and drop about 3-4 individual lutes. I always get the item

6. Sokaron

Sokaron Member

@Bakyra
    Really? I never knew that. Awesome.

7. Bronze

Bronze Member

Hmmm...I droped 3 pieces and got a crap ring, then dropped 78 pieces (found the cubey and went nuts) and got nothing....

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@bakyra Sorry, but you're incorrect. The statues are based on a random number of lutefisk per statue. Nothing about a chance per lutefisk. Sorry.
    Each statue is completely random. Very few statues are as low as 15 or 20. You must be extremely lucky.