Steam Achievements Not Working, At All

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Joeben, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Joeben

Joeben Member

Anyone else have this issue?

I launch through the steam client or shortcut, have died to diggles, killed diggles, made an ingot, armor and a weapon, mastered the berserk tree... nothing updates at all. Time played on the steam client updates, but nothing else. Did these on various combinations of difficulty and permadeath on/off, nothing has registered.

Also deleted and reinstalled the game through steam, still nothing.

I am completely out of ideas here, really bugging me, anyone have any thoughts?

2. Scautura

Scautura Member

You're not the only one. Given the amount of responses to my pleas for help (a resounding zero, on the forum, or through Twitter), and the fact I've been doing the "solution" since the beginning ("Run the game through the Steam client" - well duh!), I wish you good luck in getting an answer.

3. Yeah the achievements are kind of bugged right now. I earned some correct ones (like killing ten diggles or so) but I also got the achievement for completing the dodging skill tree, although I did not.

4. Hyfrydle

Hyfrydle Member

I cleared two monster zoos without an achievement so annoying.

5. Joeben

Joeben Member

I am hoping that 1.04 happens to fix this, intentionally or not, tried everything I can think of and holding out hope for, at the very least, some info on what I can do/send out to get it fixed

Gotta keep hope alive I suppose

6. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Oddly, mine has been working since one of the earlier patches. Whereas it wasn't before.

7. generalm13

generalm13 Member

i made a bugcollections post, this info and more is contained in that post also

http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/644/

<b>
    Just tested:
    the Tinker achievement triggered normally on my main computer where it FAILED to trigger on my Laptop.
    </b>

so here are my speculations: it could be <b><u>hardware, software</u> or <u>steam</u> related.</b>
    if it's not too much of a bother for some people try one (or more) of the following things:

<b>A. Reinstall the game</b>, making sure you also delete the Gaslamp games folder in your documents folder (it contains your save games and settings so make a backup!!)

<b>B. a Complete reinstall of Steam</b> (smart thing to do is make a backup of your Steamapps folder (which is located in the folder you installed steam in)
    then proceed to Uninstall steam from your computer.
    install a fresh copy of steam and download Dungeons of Dredmor (if you do this step without doing step A, please also delete the gaslamp games folder in your documents (it contains your save games and settings so make a backup!!)

if both those options do NOT work, i have a 3rd thing you could try, but it's a long shot
    <b>- Reinstall Windows.
    (it might work, but i doubt ANYONE is willing to do this just to get achievements to trigger for a single game)</b>

<u>IF anyone tested A or B please leave some feedback so i can combine it with my bugs collection post on this forum. thank you.

8. Another thing to try is closing steam, deleting a file in the steam folder called clientregistry.blob and opening it again. It wouldn't be the first time that file causes troubles for a game

9. generalm13

generalm13 Member

yes that would be true hehe, it basically redownloads all steam client files lol

10. Joeben

Joeben Member

ChocolateWaffle you are the wind beneath my wings

Deleted said file, Steam fixed itself... and now it's registering the achievements currently completed by my active save file. No "Killed by a diggle" ones from my previous test chars, but it has registered everything from my active game on my profile now.

Hopefully this works for everyone else for this issue too

Glee!

11. Joeben

Joeben Member

Made a guy named Hopeless, let a diggle violate me in various orifices till I died... and got the Welcome to Dredmor achievement just now. Things appear to be entirely in working order now, thanks again

12. generalm13

generalm13 Member

glad to hear achievements work for you now :) will make a note of it in my bugs topic

13. Desi

Desi Member

I have noticed that the Way of The Dodo achievement sometimes mistracks the number of diggles killed. After my first day it showed 33 killed, the second day showed 16 killed, and now it's showing 168.

14. generalm13

generalm13 Member

that achievement completed on me right after i killed a few Robots lol XD

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We're still looking into this, but I'm guessing it's a Steam issue. Without a machine that exhibits it here to debug on, we're kind of hoopled. I'll ask the friends and neighbours...

16. generalm13

generalm13 Member

@Nicholas

if i can help in any way i'd be happy to help