Implications for mage HP in 1.04

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Revlis, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Revlis

Revlis Member

A note about Caddishness (the stat currently bugged for warrior and mage stats) is that it adds 1 hp/point.

It is INTENDED that warriors get 2 Caddishness per skill point and mages get 0. Somehow, this is flip-flopped in the current game version. It is mentioned on the blog that this will be fixed with the patch that is being worked on.

Why am I talking about this?

A pure mage currently starts out with 26 HP. 7 Burly, 14 Cad, 5 Base. Take out 14 Caddishness, and 'pure' mages have 12 HP total to start. I think that will add some much-needed difficulty to mage builds, to say the least. I am hoping that this implication is not overlooked when they "readjust" the mages, depending on what that entails.

Conversely, Warrior-purists will now start out with 33 HP. 14 from Caddishness, 14 from Burliness, 5 from base.

I think this patch will add a lot more functional build diversity and be thoroughly enjoyable with the above noted. Perhaps a new set of achievements of beating the game Post 1.04 :-p..

2. Embolus

Embolus Member

I don't think it's the Caddishness given to Mages instead of Warriors that's the problem, I think the problem is Caddishness isn't supposed to give HP in the first place. When you look at the bonuses Caddishness is supposed to give, it does suit Rogues and Mages more than Warriors.

3. Greg72

Greg72 Member

They just need to implement base stat gains vs per stat only. No reason they can't tie levelup HP based on your % warrior/rogue/wizard. As it is its possible to run out of level up points before beating the game, that should never be possible lol.

4. Revlis

Revlis Member

The issue -is- exactly that Warriors don't get the Caddishness they're supposed to while Mages get 2 points per skill point and are supposed to get none.

As to the hit point per caddishness effect, I couldn't say. I would imagine "Stubborness" would make more sense to add HP, but.. yeah...

Anyway: Each class has 3 "Primary" Stats and 2 Secondary. One of the 6 stats has a growth of 0 per each "class" ability.

Primary stat: +2 Growth Per Level
    Secondary: +1 Growth Per Level

Warrior Primary: Burliness, Caddishness, Stubborness
    Secondary: Nimbleness, Sagacity
    0 Growth: Savvy

Rogue Primary: Nimbleness, Savvy, Caddishness
    Secondary: Sagacity, Burliness
    0 Growth: Stubborness

Mage Primary: Sagacity, Savvy, Stubborness
    Secondary: Burliness, Nimbleness
    0 Growth - Caddishness

This is how it's SUPPOSED to be (and as such, will be post 1.04)

It is currently bugged so that every mage skill adds +2 Caddishness instead of +0 while Warrior skills add +0 instead of their intended +2.

Also: http://dungeonsofdredmor.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes#Leveling_up_with_Skill.21

Shows the skill growths

tl;dr - Mages are gaining 10 Points per Skill point, warriors are only gaining 6. Rogues get the intended 8. Mage skills are going to be losing 2 stat points per skill post-patch and warriors gaining 2.

If this is Caddishness, in the way that it is currently designed, "Pure" mages will begin the game with 12 HP.

5. Embolus

Embolus Member

You are right, sorry: I was confusing Caddishness with Savvy, However, I still think Caddishness is not supposed to provide HP.