Lord Dredmor thoughts

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by curious nu, Jul 24, 2011.

1. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Maybe not make him immune, maybe just highly resistant to debuffs. High stats all-around: A high trap sense/affinity would make sure all traps will work on him.

2. Mephi-Dross

Mephi-Dross Member

I think the idea of sealing him again using certain shrines and stuff is alot more interesting than simply buffing him. Mainly coz it forces you to clear the level (I ran into him after 3 rooms, that was way too fast...). Or just make it a fight in a special room with certain movement elements. Like he casts spell that activate after a few turns, and you have to get our of range or stuff. But he definetly deserves his own room!

3. Tech

Tech Member

I definitely think dredmor is way too easy when you fight him at range. I killed him without taking any damage because I had a +5 sight radius and was sniping him with golden ratios from the next room over and went invisible with the burglary ninja vanish and ran away when he got close. He definitely needs a buff. Probably more frequent spell casts (he didn't even cast anything in the 10ish turns it took for me to turn him into zorkmids), or maybe the whole teleportation or mirror copies of himself that's been mentioned.

4. Desi

Desi Member

"He really needs to be immune to most status ailments and debuffs."

@pauyasfyla NUUUUUUUUU! I hate it when games do that; it's blatantly unfair. I have more respect for a game that allows me to debuff boss characters, but those debuffs have their duration halved or something.

5. Danswan

Danswan Member

I agree with making the boss fight more interesting rather than just a straight up hp/damage upgrade. All i did was stack a recursive curse+golden ratio on him and teled away until he died.

6. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Give him a spell that transfers curses/debuffs that are on him to the player.
    So you can't overload him with debuffs and wait as you may end up with a lot of hurt.

Also maybe give him a 'Purify' style spell that he might use to clear himself up?