All saves gone after saving one time at death.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Suffragium, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Suffragium

Suffragium Member

So I decided to, for some stupid reason, to start a new character and mess around. Rest assured, I died pretty soon, so I saved while I was dead, (You have died) After it was saved, I believe I ctrl+alt+del'd the program. When I started it again, I didnt expect the save file where I was dead to be available, and it wasnt, BUT, the save file where I was at like the 5th floor and 75k points was gone as well. Is there any way to restore the file, alternatively, cheat up the numbers to what I previously had?

Sorry for my english btw.

2. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

Did you use the same character name? Unfortunately, save files are based on character names, so if you create a new character with the same name as a previous character the previous save file will be overwritten.

3. Suffragium

Suffragium Member

I do not believe so, but that may be. If that is the case, is there any way to restore it?

4. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Not unless you are backing up files in My Documents for some reason.

5. afterstar

afterstar Member

Check in the locations below:
    WinXP : C:\My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dreadmor
    Win7/Vista: C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor
    If you see that your save files .sav are in the folder then go to the link below and read the part about adding your saves back into the loadsave.dat file.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/127/a-temporary-solution-to-avoid-losing-your-game-in-case-of-crash-and-restore