The crafting needs to be rebalanced.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by joeyjoejoe, Jul 23, 2011.

1. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe Member

Take a look at the crafting wiki: http://dungeonsofdredmor.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Anvil_Junior_Smithing_Kit_%28Crafting%29

Notice how nearly every item requires iron and steel while platinum and electrum are good for diddly squat? Either these ingots need some weapons, bolts and armours attached to them or iron and steel need to be made far more common.

2. JAN0L

JAN0L Member

my main problem with crafting is that Flail of Pleiades is to strong compared to any other craftable weapon(and it also starts with lots of random bonuses if you craft it), and its only T4 craft
    I think there should be added similarly strong recipes for other weapon types like rift axe (bony axe + dark orb + plat?) and some similarly strong sword.
    Electrum ingot is used in only one recipe and that should be changed(either remove it and replace with gold or add more recipes), platinum is ok its used in high quality recipes and it can be sold for good price in shop, and when you think about that its kinda natural that you will be using mostly iron and steel for crafting swords, maces and armors.
    What I would like to see is recipes depending on positioning of items in the grid, so you could be able to craft iron boots, swords, rings, maces etc. without using autofill or risking getting something you didn't want

3. tripleomega

tripleomega Member

What I'm wondering is where is the mage equivalent?(Probably tailoring or something) It seems a bit strange that only melee fighters should be able to craft their own armor and weapons.

4. Embolus

Embolus Member

Mages can use Alchemy to craft their own Staves and Orbs. They can't craft Armour, but considering everything else that Alchemy does I hardly think that's a problem.

5. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

Platinum and Electrum are used for Tinkering.

6. JAN0L

JAN0L Member

What recipes exactly? I cant find any on wiki ( http://www.dredmorwiki.com/wiki/Crafting_(Tinkering) )