[BETA] The Vaults of Maslech

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 12, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Attached is a beta version of a rooms mod I'm working on.

7/8 Build Is Most Recent

Added by this mod:
    • 119 128 rooms spanning all floors, some of which only appear on mysterious portal levels. Some of these rooms (especially on later floors) are completely unnavigable without a teleport, a shove, or both. Others will merely taunt you with unreachable treasures. Generally the deeper you are, the more dangerous or difficult rooms can be. Mysterious portal only rooms are, by extension, the most dangerous. In fact, some of them (like the Mysterious Leaking Reactor room) can completely wreck your character if you're not careful.
    • 37 57 traps (footy traps, rune traps, feeblemind traps, deadfall traps, mousetraps, eye traps, and a particularly vile thing called a 'congealing corruptive fluid trap').
    • A utility/support rogue skill (Dungeon Delver) that has all the tools (teleport, dig, :trap_level:, item purification, and shove) needed to handle the new rooms.
    • A bunch of rooms that fit inside other rooms, primarily on the second and fifteenth floors to emphasize the catacombs feel.
    • Some very powerful artifacts that you may recognize.
    • Some regular items (knuckles--that don't interfere with unarmed combat--a candle, and a lantern)
    • A bunch of new blockers, some relevant nearly anywhere.
    Attached are some screenshots:
    blinktrap.jpg deathtraphallway.jpg delver.jpg footytrap.jpg footytrap3.jpg robbed.jpg sits.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

This seems to be causing a crash when loaded. When you hit the Start button on the launcher, it tries to start but then goes to desktop without a crash window or anything.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. FaxCelestis

Is it the only mod loaded?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Yep. I don't really have anything to give you to examine. Any ideas?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. FaxCelestis

Odd. I'll mess with it. Works from here, but only if I load a specific room. :\

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

WHOOPS forgot a </room>. Try the new zip.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Works, thanks a bunch Fax!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Madman.

OmniaNigrum and FaxCelestis like this.
  9. FaxCelestis

And you say that before you've looked at my traps. >:3

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. mining

mining Member

Do want.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I like it. The dig is limited to one square away, but that is tolerable as a last resort if you can wait 20-60 turns to make your entrance.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

"no can think good blinky purple trap thing make dumdum"

That is an exact quote. :) And that corruption trap is the most Vile thing ever. How about making them spawn more that spawn more? :p

13. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Gana be balance testing the new version of my skill set tomorrow, which I'll be making a warrior/rogue for, so this pack with it's lovely skill set will fit in just fine! Excited to get slimed.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I fear for anyone without good trap sight. Also you've used targetblink on the blink trap when it should be displace. The former option will result in diggle's blinking you around every time they wank onto one of those traps.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. FaxCelestis

Really? I thought targetblink blinked the spell's target, and since it uses type="target" it'd blink whatever wanked into the trap.

OmniaNigrum and SkyMuffin like this.
  16. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

unless you have targetiscaster on the trap which I forgot to check if you had.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

I laughed.*
    I cried.**
    I died horribly.***
    A+++, would will die horribly again.

EDIT: Side note: Dungeons for Dummies seems strangely resistant to Kronging -- twice now I've had "positive" first Krongings that did precisely zilch. But then, I don't usually Krong tomes, so that might be it ... :p
    EDIT EDIT: You didn't happen to put in a bunch of rooms with scripted Mystic Portal spawns for the explicit purpose of showing off the shiny new Mystic Portal rooms, did you? I'd swear my current character has found four MP's in the first three floors alone. Derp. Of course you did. Third room in the list, even.

* At the Gnomes in the various prison rooms. Apparently they forgot how to blink.
    ** Transmutation traps that look like mugs of grog? Fax you magnificent bastard you.
    *** At the hands/LAZORS/aetherial missiles of a Stone Golem + Sea Crusader + Magic Dragon clustered around the far end of the Floor 1 Mystic Portal.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Getting this for the troll Uberchest room. That is more than enough reason for me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Hey, been using the mod for a little while now (bloody love the new traps...I really like traps for some reason). I did notice one thing. Sometimes the Handy skill (and subsequent passive) don't actually spawn anything. I was having this issue with a spell from my mod (Hungry Enough to Eat a Diggle) and it turned out I had just misspelled some items in my "spawnfromlist" list. I looked thru the XML and it looks like you have Voltaic Power Cell and Burnt-Out Wand. I believe that these are actually Voltaic Cell and Burnt Out Wand. I am mid-game and don't want to break the save on accident, so I can't double check this to be sure, but I bet that would solve the issue. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

For the life of me, I can't wrap my brain around room design. Whenever i see a big rooms mod come out I go nuts.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.