Pet AI

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thomas Hirsch, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Thomas Hirsch

Thomas Hirsch Member

I'm an avid golemancer - the moustache golem is pretty much the best early-game skill to have, and the mortal machine made me chuckle when I summoned him the first time and saw the overkill he could cause. However, I have a big problem with the AI. In order of priority, I want a pet to a) attack an enemy nearest to it; b) trigger traps so I don't have to; and c) follow me. Unfortunately, all too often I find it has other ideas. So many times, it's been attacked but decides it doesn't feel like returning the compliment, occasionally not even walking towards me. I think it gets confused when there's more than one thing attacking it as well. In fact, even though the wyrmling is technically weaker, I've found it to last much longer and be more useful in general (even if it still doesn't do what I want it to). Could you not make it so that it prioritises attacking its first attacker?

Incidentally, this does actually work in my favour in relation to the enemies, who sometimes forget they're trying to kill me and decide to wander off.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Another problem with summons is they don't seem to block enemy movement. I'm regularly seeing enemies walk straight through my Mustache Golems to reach me.

EDIT: Also, what's the trick to summoning multiple golems? I'm guessing it's something to do with going up and down stairs resetting your golem limit.

3. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

It's saving and quitting while you've got a pet out, and then loading back up.
    The old pet is still there and you can summon a new one. On the downside, enemies ignore the old one.

4. ComradeP

ComradeP Member

It would already help quite a bit if pets would always face the same direction that the player's character is facing, preferably trying to stay only one hex behind it. My Wyrmling(s) currently tend to get stuck at corners and often just hang around doing absolutely nothing, even when they're being attacked.