I had to name the expansion pack.

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by Marak, Jun 5, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That is my screenshot method too. It works in almost everything I have experienced. (At least in window mode. Fullscreen it is unpredictable depending on the game engine and display method.)

2. Marak

Marak Member

Sometimes hitting F12 will take a screenshot with Steam games, but if that isn't working, Print Screen and pasting it into Paint or the equivalent also works.

For DoD, I use the Print Screen/Paint/save as .png/upload to Photobucket method.

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You have to activate the Steam Overlay with Dredmor (right click, properties, launch options, type in -opengl) to use the F12 function (it's VERY reliable, the only time I've ever had issues is when a game binds another function to F12 and you're unable to change it - LOOKING AT YOU CIV V). Currently the overlay isn't visible for some people so blind faith is necessary, but it should still work.

Using programmes like FRAPS or even Gadwin Print Screen (two free utilities that save in .bmp format but it's easy to convert them) tends to work, too, but they're VERY unreliable. FRAPS doesn't work with every game, the same for Gadwin.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Apparently -opengl is broken in 1.0.11, although I haven't had a chance to sit down and confirm it yet.

5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Same basic method that I use. Except I downloaded a program call Greenshot that takes the screenshot and then throws it up in a simple editor from which I can add shapes and text and such and then save it. It even allows me to crop it. A nice little screenshot program. As a disclosure, as far as I know, I don't know anyone involved on this free program.

6. Skafsgaard

Skafsgaard Member

It is broken indeed. I'm hoping for a hotfix!

7. [​IMG]
    Nevermind, I got it. Still an unoriginal title though.

Kazeto, Marak and SkyMuffin like this.
  8. I named mine " A Fistful of Lutefisk and a Barrel Full of Evil Magic Potatoes"

9. Musaab

Musaab Member

[​IMG]

SkyMuffin and Kazeto like this.
  10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

11. Tycho

Tycho Member

[​IMG]

Aegho and Loswaith like this.
  12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

[​IMG]

incidentally, imgur gave my image a pretty cool name.

ZonHm.jpg

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  13. Tycho

Tycho Member

14. I never knew you could actually rename it XD Here's my take.

[​IMG]

Aegho and SkyMuffin like this.
  15. Catbread

Catbread Member

[​IMG]

I KEEP DYING

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I don't think the creators or the moderators here will be too angry at the F word in a screenshot. :)
    Also, if you keep dying, feel free to turn off Permadeath, and start on say, Elvish Easy.

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Gaslamp Games is cool with my potty mouth...
    DFC1.jpg

18. Catbread

Catbread Member

I wasn't sure, so I figured, better safe than sorry.
    ha ha ha ha ha

no

Fortunately, getting mad at the game is at least 30% of the fun.

Kazeto likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They really are cool with minor profanity...
    Diggles Says.jpg