Pets. How do you control them?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by DerpTyrant, Jul 22, 2011.

1. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

Hey.

How in the bloody flying uber poop of awesomeness do you control pets? I summon my Wyrmling and the freaking drake is stuck to my tail. I go fight a monster and he just stands there. I need to make special maneuvers around the room in order for him to see and fight with a monster. He is extremely annoying as he goes afront of me and blocks my way, triggers traps and kills himself or both of us, blocks my items, etc.
    Not to mention he dies instantly for going into my fireball, dragon breath or any fire spells I got. (or I have to cast it on him as he blocks me, etc.)

How can I manage the pet and his attacks/moves? If I can not then this is extremely retarded and pretty much ruins half of the game ...

Thank you!

2. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

Does nobody uses pets?

I just stumbled upon monster zoo and started running, but my pet behinde me BLOCKED the one way passage and I died. I tried killing him fast but monster killed me before I could.
    Am I that stupid or what's going on with this? O_O

3. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

You can't control pets. In the notes for the next patch, one of the priorities is improving the pets' AI, though.

As for your problem with the pet blocking the passage, if you move into him using WASD instead of the mouse, he'll switch places with you. Looks like they'll be changing it so clicking does this as well.

4. afterstar

afterstar Member

Btw are you allowed to have only ONE summoned pet at a time; even if they are of different spells?
    I tried summoning a wyrmling,a zombie and a mustache golem and everytime the previous pet disappears, is this working as intended?

5. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

Yeah, seems to be the case for me, too. From what I gathered in the patch notes, that working as intended. Really cuts down on the usefulness of having multiple summoning spells. No Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup armies of minions for us.

6. Incendax

Incendax Member

If your pet is behind you he CANNOT see enemies in front of you. You must use WASD to trade places with your pet or step to the side so he can see them. They also get fixated on enemies they cannot reach and just stand there getting killed by closer enemies, since they have no survival instinct and won't run away.