Achieviemets!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by QuickForYa, Mar 30, 2012.

1. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

Weren't there more achievements? like 101? I think i had 72/101 achievements unlocked but now it shows 68/88... Very confusing.

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

They probably just removed the ones that Steam bugged out to stop people from complaining.

3. QuickForYa

QuickForYa Member

Nope, bugged ones still are in list (progress achievements), basically they removed all expansion (DLC) achievements. :/

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

...I just checked and told Nicholas, he was not aware of this.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do not get upset, but I have to ask the obligatory questions.
    1. Have you backed up your entire profile directory and saves and uninstalled then reinstalled to ensure this is not a Steam issue?
    2. When did this happen? (If you know.)

And finally, the one most important question:
    Did you ever make that petition to Valve to fix their achievement system? If so could you please post a link here so I can sign it?

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Meaning that it's either Steam or Valve people acting on their own.
    Congratulations, we were trolled by Steam.

DavidB1111 and OmniNegro like this.
  7. Daynab

It's definitely on their side. We'll see the cause I guess, Nicholas will contact them.

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

[​IMG]

That's what I thought of when you said that. :)

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. I'm really starting to hate a lot of steam they don't look over their forums so suggestions go ignored. They have neat features like being able to add layouts to it but because it updates constantly and the users make them they have to be constantly updated to keep them up. It also has these achievement problems. I do however like the interface and would love to use it with all my games unfortunately for games like DoD I can't at all even with the advanced option. Wish they would clean these things up.

Also, I am hoping this won't effect any of the ROTDG achievements I have already earned.

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

~sigh~
    Please try not to double-post, LightningZombie. The "Edit" button is there for a reason.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If not for the edit button I would easily have 3k posts by now.
    *Edit* This is a test of the postcount nerfing system. This is only a test. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Valve has no idea what happened to the achievements either. I'm going to reupload them, and we'll see what happens.

That said, this seems to be on their end; best guess is some kind of poorly set up data base roll-out.

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

These should be back now.

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. yes it appears they are thanks for the help

15. Cowdunking

Cowdunking Member

When I complained about the achievement bugs on the Steam forum, I was told to contact the developers on this forum. Not only do a lot of achievements not work at all, but every time there is a runtime error, and this happens regularly on the higher levels, the achievements you are working towards such as Cursed by Krong, or Eat Deep Omelettes reset to zero. Who is responsible for fixing these problems - the game developers or Steam?

16. Daynab

As far as I know, achivements resetting are on Steam's side. But Gaslamp is moving achievement tracking to the game itself, so that should fix the problem starting next patch.

As for a "lot" of them not working, which ones are you talking about? We know of five, currently. And they will be fixed.

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The one I know that doesn't work is Playing For Both Teams. I think.

18. Cowdunking

Cowdunking Member

I would say five are a lot, and I haven't tried all of them yet. Playing for Both Teams, Deadshot Skil Tree, Die by Drinking Acid from a Fountain definitely do not work. The others are Killed by a Thirsty Diggle (can't seem to find a thirsty diggle), and Die by Kicking Down a Door, although I will admit these may be 'operator error', and not a game problem.

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That would be PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) until proven otherwise. Thirsty Diggles do exist, but you have to go quite deep to find them, I believe.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Given the total number of achievements (108) even 5 doesn't seem like a lot to me. That said, I did unlock Perilous Podiatry on this version of DoD within the last week. Deadshot is unachievable in the current game without editing files (the tree is gone!)- thirsty diggles start popping up in the later Dungeon Levels.

You can check the Monster List on the Dredmorpedia for the exact level- I don't recall off hand.