You Have To Put The Feedback for the DLC In The Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

you can place a item to the far right of the last inventory column if there is no matching item on the far left slot of the -first- inventory column, next row.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually that is an old bug. But it is nice to hear it confirmed to continue existing in the beta. (Well, not good to hear, but good feedback nonetheless.)

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Both bugs above Omni's post are old, just not fixed yet.

4. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I knew about the burnt wand with a full inventory but I hadn't heard about the burglary problem. By the way, the burnt wand still exists. It just happened to me in the DLC. Just in case someone thought it was fixed.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

RC4 up. RC5 will probably be some time this weekend, hopefully including a mac build for the people who wanted one. This is mainly David doing scripting changes and merging in other people's things; my code time is so Odin right now it's not even funny, so tomorrow is slated as my Dredmor day for going back in and trimming some of the madness.

6. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Some irregular walls still appear. This one is overlapping the doors when they are opened. Bothers me a little :(
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2wlsy37.png
    PS: Love Will Teleport Us Apart lifesaver ;) cheers

Also on 2nd floor.
    http://i48.tinypic.com/mt5vfp.png
    Seems Diggle room related

The whole "prison" is like this too, Am I the only one bothered from this? :confused:

7. tejón

tejón Member

"Codfish" is a synonym, not a plural. Either one is most commonly pluralized without alteration.

"Demoniac" is a word. "Daemoniac" is an attested historical spelling.

8. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

RC4 - New Character - Will edit post as i find more

Acid Pools from traps or bloobs are still doing no damage to the player
    Bolt Vendors still have only 3 kinds of bolts (tested through 6 floors for now)

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

True, I guess.

Daemonic and Demoniac actually mean the same thing, I just find the Daemonic spelling to be more readily recognized.

10. tejón

tejón Member

Not entirely true. Demonic is "resembling a demon," demoniac is more specifically "possessed by a demon." The former is used for the latter often enough to have taken on its meaning as definition 2 in dictionaries, but not vice versa so the words are still distinct.

11. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Ok Nicholas,

I just crashed when I went to wand an AI on level 1. I had removed the first expansion and only had the DLC on. For a few turns before wanding, I was running away. :rolleyes: The wand was arcane and I am running DoD on Windows XP and while I got it through steam I was running DoD direct from the exe file.

12. FaxCelestis

I think in the context of the game and using those definitions, "demonic" makes more sense than "demoniac". Still, it's an incredibly easy revision if the devs want to go that way.

13. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Re. daemonic vs. daemoniac:
    When faced with a choice between clarity and obscurity, GO OBSCURE! (Well, for Dredmor.)

Fixed the two-lever room wall issue
    Fixed Arcane Wand suckage
    & etc.

14. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Lucky Find and family behave strangely with ranged attacks (I was using Clockwork Knight and Scientist attacks, but others may do this as well). The item ends up appearing under my feet, even if the dead monster is far away.

Scientist's abilities can go through closed doors. No idea if that's intended.

15. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

All template spells can (and this makes dragon's breath really useful, actually), but given that most of the scientists spells have a missile element to them this doesn't really seem like a satisfactory explanation. You could use the acid spray or put a grenade right in front of a door though, certainly.

16. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Right I mean the missile bit can't go through the door, but the explosion can.

17. Michael88

Michael88 Member

18. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

• Arcane Wand casts a missing spell now. It should be 'Wand Aethereal Missile' instead of 'Strong Aethereal Missile'.
    • Fiery Wand should presumably cast 'Wand Firebolt' as well.
    • Fleshsmithing's first spell now summons 9 zombies in a 3x3 area. I'm guessing this is meant to cast 'Summon Zomby' instead.
    For anyone interested, RC4 is now on Dredmorpedia. Most wand recipes and spells have been buffed.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

On the subject of wands, I really think all those using an AoE missile should be able to target any square. I cannot use Fiery Wands like Promethean Magics Obvious Fireball for blasting open breakable walls. (Unless there is an enemy exactly where I need them to be.)

20. FaxCelestis

These doors really should block sight:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.