Is it possible to change character sprites?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Argol228, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Argol228

Argol228 Member

I was wondering if it is possible to mod the character sprites. because as it stands the male and female characters are both horrid and really impair my enjoyment of the game.

2. Chiko

Chiko Member

Well, I remember seeing the female sprites somewhere in the files. The male ones are .spr or something like that so I'm guessing you need to unpack them or something like that. Or maybe they are somewhere else.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes, it is. Go to the folder containing the sprites, and edit them.

4. Argol228

Argol228 Member

I have not been able to find anything that can open SPR files, thats why i was unsure. I still have nothing that can open SPR and google hasn't really helped me find what I need.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

6. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Wait, so I'm guessing that the part that says that the XML files are not yet compatible is outdated, because the diggle folder has PNGs with an XML, right?

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know, the old monsters/the male character only have SPR versions while all the new monsters and the female character made by MOOMANiBE are PNGs.

8. yeah you can edit the female and most monsters with macromedia fireworks right out of the bat, just remember to have the blank background not a white background in your files otherwise it would appear in game. Just its a daunting task if you want to create from scratch hundreds of new images to replace the lead character.. Id say if you are doing it though find some way of modding your character selection so you have male option, female option and custom option etc.