Suggestion: Sleeping monsters don't dodge

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Sunhawk, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

Scenario: you open a door, there's a bat sleeping in front of you. You strike at the hapless and unaware critter... and it dodges.

Would it be possible to set it up so sleepers can't dodge that initial hit? It'd make a sneaky character a bit more interesting, for one thing...

2. nickwolf

nickwolf Member

Or even them not blocking? If anything, doing damage to a sleeping monster should be able to do MORE than normal damage, considering you could have the time to line up a deadly strike

3. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

I'd settle for them not dodging - blocking could be a function of their tough hide, after all.

4. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

how about not countering! :S

5. Lactose

Lactose Member

I'm guessing backstabbing doesn't work in this game?

6. Tech

Tech Member

It'd be nice if attacking a sleeping monster would increase chances (or guarantee) a crit. Would make assassins and rouges feel more...rouge-like. *badum-tzz*

7. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

Yeah, I don't like how sleeping monsters wake up and attack you when you hit them. Shouldn't you get one free attack on them at least before, and then your next attack before they can hit back (if still alive)?

8. Incendax

Incendax Member

I think ensuring an auto crit would be the easiest thing to program.

9. SavalBork

SavalBork Member

Agree, this was on my list of suggestions, which, predictably, I was too lazy to post.