OS X Lion Game regularly stalls for a small time

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by wilkinson, Apr 14, 2012.

1. wilkinson

wilkinson Member

Since I've updated to 1.0.10, which has been mostly excellent, I've been getting frequent stalls while playing: the music continues, but the gameplay freezes and takes no input. Then, it's back to normal. This occurs every few minutes.

Thanks-

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's probably the autosave. On less powerful machines the game stalls shortly to autosave every 5 minutes.

3. 3ghz quad core 4gb ram with the faster hard drives.. my pc still stalls to autosave for a while on later levels lol. How powerful does your pc have to be to not stall.

4. technically its 8gb of ram installed but it only seems to register 4 as its limited it for some reason it even states that on my specs lol.

5. wilkinson

wilkinson Member

Aw, you called my machine less powerful! You'd hurt its feelings. J/k.

Here are my specs:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Definitely it's no beast, but I hope this'll help clarify what to expect in performance wrt Dredmor.

indelacio.co.uk likes this.
  6. Balhichou

Balhichou Member

It happens to me too, it stalls for one second. Just check the message log, for me it happens when I go in a shop for the first time, or when the game autosaves.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Well damn. I didn't think my statement would be controversial :p Those are good machines.

Either way, I'm not sure anything can be done about this unfortunately.

indelacio.co.uk likes this.
  8. ha I forgot to mention the quality of the ram good point, mines ddr3 dont know the mdz tho. and its a 1gb graphics card lol.

And Its not too much of an issue really daynab, just wanted to point out stallings going to happen no matter what in my opinion, regardless of how good your machine is. (possibly reducing the autosave frequency would help, or an option to disable it or set your own frequency?)