Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Skyblade799, Jul 13, 2011.

1. scotth

scotth Member

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get past the setup screen. Regardless of resolution or windowed/full screen choices I make, I simply get black. No sound.
    Nothing.

Edit: tried again and walked away. Came back some time later and game was running properly. Apparently just takes a long time to load - at least for me.

2. Amigan

Amigan Member

I've just encountered the corrupted save bug that others have mentioned.

3. zukeft

zukeft Member

I haven't played or done much testing really, here's a couple of bugs (Windows 7 64-bit):

1. Using your mouse wheel (scrolling) and middle mouse button does the same as left clicking on the main menu items.
    2. Tutorial stars stay onscreen when going down the list. (Compare the two screens: http://imgur.com/5i1Mm)
    3. Tutorial completion state is not saved. (?)
    4. A window icon is missing. (?)
    5. Clicking the window close button does not exit the game. (?)

4. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

I finally survived to 3rd level and now it appears that my save is corrupted. I can send you the file, but where can I find the file on a Mac? Thanks.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

lithicbee: ~/Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor I believe ?

6. gkslash

gkslash Member

I really have to say that the randomly crashing is just about making the game unplayable for me. I really like the game too. Its hard enough on going rogue and permadeath without having to worry about when the game is going to randomly crash as well.

7. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

Started a fresh character. Did a save and continue and it kicked me to the title screen. tried to load the save and it crashed the game.

8. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

@Nicholas: thank you. I was looking for it under the steam subdirectory.

9. shung

shung Member

I keep stepping on traps right before I go to open a door on the south and west side of the map. All things that are being hidden by a wall or door should have some kind of outline that you can see.

10. Skyblade799

Skyblade799 Member

When I sell things to a merchant, upon clicking an option, the game will assume I also clicked him and try to attack him. I have died twice because of the merchant getting attacked and hit while selling things ):.

11. Halaku

Halaku Member

Putting in my voice as well on the random crashes bug, really enjoying the game until that happened. Would love it if you guys could fix it so we can play the great game we bought.

One not-bug but bugs me note, exploring to the sides or above you gives a decided 2-3 tile visual benefit as compared to exploring downward, any plans to correct this or is going down always going to be more dangerous simply due to "camera issues"?

12. xfer777

xfer777 Member

Is it just me or do the bonus points for the Dual Wield skills not get added to your stats?

For example, I have all 3 of the Dual Wield skills - by them alone I should have a total of +10 to counter chance, shouldn't I? On my character, I only have a chance of 3 (without any other +counter items).

13. jbuergel

jbuergel Member

I've had a couple of crashes going through the tutorials on my Win 7/x64 machine. It produced a couple dump files, if those are helpful. I'm going to try the game proper now, hopefully it's isolated to the tutorials.

14. skeena

skeena Member

I discovered what I think could be a pretty big exploit.

I started a new game to try out some spells, and when I died and I selected my OTHER character I had the same spell still selected in the ready box even though my character did not invest in that branch. And I could use the spell until I changed it out.

15. Gamidragon

Gamidragon Member

So just started a new game (I don't want to wait, this stuff is WAY too fun!) and played for another hour or so, and saved, and then went to reload immediately and it worked! I loaded it twice more just to make sure and then quit out. I'll update/edit this post (can I edit?) later tonight or tomorrow morning as to whether I can still load the file. At least it doesn't ALWAYS happen!

16. Zzinged

Zzinged Member

Here's a bug I just noticed. The footsteps SFX only plays if you click to move. If you move using WASD it doesn't play the footsteps SFX

17. d32

d32 Member

- Picking up item (sword) while 'holding' another (mace) resulted in disappearance of the held item in tutorial.
    - Killing prinny, I mean diggle, by the crossbow did not trigger any events (tutorial section end?)
    - Pressing enter to dispose of dialog message results in following messages being disposed as well.

18. MorphingJar

MorphingJar Member

When starting with the Crude stone axe, if you switch it from the primary hand to the secondary hand, it mystically adds 1 point of slashing damage to your ranged attacks.

19. Valygar

Valygar Member

I am trying to load a save, but it does not exist. I am pretty sure I quit the game saving, and I saved once already with this character. Don't know if it's the crash save, probably?.

In my documents there's a loadsave.dat (1 KB) and bitmap_Duerko.dat (my char was named Duerkos)

20. Chief

Chief Member

My save file got corrupted or something like other people have mentioned. Played for around 8 hours with no problems, loaded many times, then suddenly went to load after yet another death and the game crashed. Happens every time I try to load that save, but other save games load without issues.