Five finger death-sentence

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Solstice, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Solstice

Solstice Member

I've tried this skill twice, and, uh, yeah. Not really liking it considering it's failed both times. Am I unlucky or what? Worst part is, even with all my crazy teleporting ninja invisibility skills... there's no escaping Brax and his buddies. It's pretty much game over when you use it. What's the point?
    Feh, time to start again.

2. Incendax

Incendax Member

It's a brutal skill, and the major problem with it is how you do not know your chances of success until you give it a try and fail. The consequences of failure are often cataclysmic for even mid-level characters. There should be a pop-up that details your chances of success like disarming traps, so you could at least make an informed decision.

3. Hmm-Hmm.

Hmm-Hmm. Member

Makes me wonder why they put it in. It's not exceptionally great unless you happen to be unlucky with money.. so there shouldn't be a need to risk being bludgeoned to death for an item you can get by just gathering the money for it.

4. Kruztee69

Kruztee69 Member

Honestly, I don't think that it would be game breaking for this skill to have a 100% success rate. Most of the stuff that you find in shops is trash anyway, and even when you do find that uber item, it may or may not apply to your current build, and certainly doesn't guarantee a win.