Dredmor 1.0.10 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobo

Lobo Member

I just experienced my fourth sudden crash under 1.0.10. I attached the crash report, in case it helps.

Attached Files:

2. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

I'll do that as soon as I can, but would be very surprised if depth made a difference on audio load lag.
    Actually, you can sew them together! It's a secret pattern though, and I've never managed to have both the pattern and both pieces :(

3. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

It did not in 1.0.9RB, this I am 100% certain of (For example, I was getting 2 per with 0 crafting professions). I did note that the ingot patterns do have a tinkering symbol next to them now (not sure if they did before), but that would really gimp Smithing, which uses a LOT more base metal.

Then again, the usefulness of any of the crafting skills is pretty much based on "Can I actually get crafting patterns for the profession I actually have, and can I get them before DL9?" I'd really like to see bookshelves skew towards professions you have. Last long game, I had Tinkering AND Smithing, and I got no less than 15 alchemy/wand patterns to 3 Smithing/Tinkering ones. Then I decided to try alchemy and got, so far, 4 Tinkering patterns and 0 Alchemy >.<

4. You state hungry diggles only eat 10 items, ive had it just eat 15-18 at a time and every 2 turns which ate half of my potions and diggle eggs lol.

5. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Actually, I believe they are now only supposed to eat 3-5 at a time, and hungry only eats food (thirsty drinks booze), so if you've got a hungry killing both and in that quantity, then there's definitely a problem!

6. Glazed

Glazed Member

I'm equally as certain you only got 1 ingot from an ore unless you were a smith with the Ingoteer skill. (The level 2 skill.)

7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

If you have smithing >=1, you get two ingots. Otherwise, you get one.

Code:
    <craft>
      <output skill="0" name="Copper Ingot" amount="1" />
      <output skill="1" name="Copper Ingot" amount="2" />
      <tool tag="ingot"/>
      <input name="Malachite"/>
        </craft>

8. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

I leveled up from 1 to 2 while under Werediggle curse and did not get a chance to choose a new skill, which I believe is an older bug.

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to touch up on each of your points here.

Last Skills - Okay, this one's on us. I don't remember seeing a report about this, which is probably understandable since testers would pick out different builds to test and not just click "last skills".

Savegames - What is broken is the savegames made during the RC, which was said a few times and is normal, remember the RCs are testing builds. We tried our best to keep 1.09RevB savegames working.

Window position wasn't on the buglist.

Steam achievements well, I have no explanation for that.

The tech contact, as was said, was on Valve's side. This is nothing we could actually control. Gaslamp has deadlines like any other company, and waiting for him to get back would've meant 2 more weeks of waiting.

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

You *can* start with pants. But you don't *have* to start with pants.

The initial startup is Steam getting its act in gear unpacking the new files. I've never figured this one out myself, save that it's some sort of Wacky Cacheing thing.

indelacio.co.uk and Marak like this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Strange. I'm considering getting a new version of DoD, but I'll start a new topic on that.

With regards to pants, I think it was me misreading the patch notes. But please take it as a suggestion (i.e. start wiv pants plx)

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

More feedback:

1. Unless I'm getting lucky, traps are no issue for me whatsoever... on Level 1. In terms of triggering them, it's got to be <10% are triggering, 90% seem to be disarming in one or two tries.
    2. The same is with doors - most are giving me little hassle at all.
    1a/2a. Could just be luck, of course, but it feels too lucky, if that makes sense?
    3, The game feels smoother. Not sure how it's smoother, it just feels it.
    4. Disable Move-To-Click now properly works and sticks. I love you guys for that alone <3
    5. Windows still have overlap issues, most commonly found (for me) with crafting and character window.
    6. New crafting filters = <3 but they don't react to inventory changes, e.g. if you craft a Rough Iron Hjalmr and have enough iron to upgrade it, you have to turn the filter off and back on again to get it to update.

Edit:
    7. Food made via the ingot press doesn't appear in the crafting menu if "have ingredients" is chosen when you... uh... have the ingredients.

Found some more issues which I'll upload screenies of later.

13. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

I may be the only one who gives a tinker's dam, but you also get two ingots if you put a point into Tinkering.

14. Marak

Marak Member

Okay, Wall of Text, Round 2! Whee!

Things that are fixed that I love you guys for:

• Floors 11-15 no longer all use the "Floor 10" room selection, so each Floor feels distinct again.
    • Floors 9-15 are spawning loot that I never once saw in two RotDG Dredmor-slaying runs in 1.0.9. I am glad to report that I am no longer swimming in Lirpas and suits of Boilerplate and Serpentine, and only getting Windows Pendants and Time Lord Scarves to appear.
    • New and dangerous and sometimes, undectable Traps - and also tons of new mob-cast Debuffs. My personal new favorite is the Blink Curse that causes you to, on each turn, have a certain chance to Blink completely at random. This lasts for around 80 turns. Especially fun when you get it near a Monster Zoo or just a room chock full of baddies. I approve.
    • Vampirism - the Blungecap version, at least - heals for enough that it can sometimes keep pace with the damage you're taking, even if you have 0 Magic Power. I'm assuming this is the result of the "scaling things with stats other than Magic Power" and "Vampirism deals Necromantic Damage now" fixes. May have to try a real vampire again someday.
    • Have I mentioned the new Holy Hand Grenades and how amazingly they can blow up entire rooms killer bunny rabbits?
    • The Diggle idle animation has him whipping out an SNES and a CRT TV to play it on (not new to this patch, I'm sure, but it's still the first I've heard of it).
    • Have not yet had a single random crash. Maybe I'm just lucky, but this version has - for me - been more stable than prior ones. (Windoze XP, Steam version)
    • Preserved Witches (and their ilk) have proper Health values and are no longer one-shot-able by any ability you can think of.
    • A thirsty Diggle just drank 2 Diggle Nog out of my bags.... leaving me with a stack of 2 left over. So the "only drinks up to 5 out of stack" mechanic is working on my end.
    Goofy things I have run into thus far:
    • The Horse Armor is hilarious, but suffers from the same belt-eating syndrome that Wizard's Sleeves are prone to. (Read: if you right-click on one, it disappears forever and you're out the 10,000 Zorkmids you could have sold it for. Oops.)
    • The Deathly Skull of Death and the Steel Crown share the exact same description, the one about the Dwarven Kings brooding upon their thrones wrought of raw plastic, etc, etc. You can even see this on Dredmorpedia if you sort by "helm" and scroll down a bit.
    • The "music track is changing" stutter is gone... only to be replaced by an equally long and nearly-as-frequent Autosave stutter. Hard to complain about Autosaves, though, so I'm willing to live with this one.
    Still haven't beaten Dredmor, but nevertheless I'm having a blast with the now-fixed Realm of the Diggle Gods content. I leave you with this screenshot:

[​IMG]

"My God, it's full of buffs!"

(seriously, starting a 4th column? Jeez! =p )

15. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Remember, I was referring to 1.0.9RB for the always giving 2 per. I can absolutely guarantee, for example, that I got 2 per with level 1 Alchemy and no other crafting in 9RB, as I was using it to make empty flasks from plastic ore. I have not done any of the beta versions.

Regardless of what it WAS, it is obvious that it now IS 1 per unless you put a point in either Smithing or Tinkering, which answers my question and doesn't pose the crafting gimping I was thinking it did. So let's leave it at that :p

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You guys are gonna hate me for this, but...

Female adventurer portrait: Blue eyes
    Female adventurer sprite: Green eyes

(Only just noticed; I know it's not a 1.0.10 issue specifically, but just wanted to point it out)

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

What. Explain how you saw this.
    Now.
    Please?
    But now.

18. Marak

Marak Member

You need to BE the diggle, either through guzzling Diggle Nog for the Diggle Nog form, or transforming into a Werediggle via the (wait for it) Werediggle Skill Tree. Then you just have to let the game sit idle for about 5 minutes; instead of whipping out a Game Gear (male Hero) or a DS (female Hero), your Diggle-fied character will fire up his SNES.

Strongly recommended: doing housework or surfing teh intarwebs while you wait, it'll happen even if the game is minimized.

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Oh, right. Cool. I'll check it out ASAP.

20. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I thought the male hero was a PSP :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.