Please revert the forum colour style back

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by afterstar, Jul 20, 2011.

1. afterstar

afterstar Member

Please revert the forum colour style back to the previous white and blue.
    It was nice and read friendly.
    The new black,red and everything dark inbetween is making reading posts much more tiring to the eyes.
    I don't know if others agree but if you do please state your opinion here.

2. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Hm. Sorry guys, we were trying to make the aesthetic of the forums jive a bit more with steam and the blog while we work on the larger forum fix. Does anyone *like* the new forum, or would you all like to see it back the way it was?

3. Embolus

Embolus Member

I find it jarring. Perhaps it could be made an option for people who like it.

4. Solstice

Solstice Member

MY EYES! OH GOD MY EYES!!

Just kidding. I don't mind it. Seems less "defaulty" at least

5. MikeW

MikeW Member

I like the style, just not the colours. Maybe if they could make the background a DoD theme or light wood. I like the style, bit too dark.

6. Trelow

Trelow Member

I prefer the light text on dark background. It's easier on the eyes to read.

7. Wallach

Wallach Member

I like the style a lot more, but yeah. Maybe use the brown/bronze tone for the background to better match your website, if possible?

8. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

Its not that bad, but why we got parquet on background?

9. Nikagor

Nikagor Member

Ohh thanks this us so much better.

10. afterstar

afterstar Member

Steam forum colour style is fine,but here the website background with shapes and colour is so close to the post/topics inner box background, that it distracts the eyes and makes it harder to read the text

If you want the style to be closer to steam, I recommend you copy their style,which is
    a simple dark colour website background and a light grey inner box background for topics/posts.
    Simple is better xD.

11. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

We are actually working on a big forum update that should be finished in a couple of weeks which will be much more "Gaslampy". Expect more of a brass theme than cherry, and diggles.

12. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Member

Maybe, you kn0w, make the forum colors match the game and its menus?

13. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Now we need a parquet flooring shield ingame....

14. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

@Lord+Blade: it's coming.

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, we'll make the new forums match the steampunk sort of colour theme from the main Gaslamp site.

I am open to doing a dark-on-light style if people hate the light-on-dark.

... ya'know, the preview button doesn't work in this theme. Alright, let's kill this.

Exile likes this.
  16. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Killed! +20