Steam Community not working.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by HEVlar, Jul 20, 2011.

1. HEVlar

HEVlar Member

So I have problem with Steam Community. It's not working in game, not at all. I have ticked "Enable Steam Community In-Game" but that didn't help. My question is, is it working and how I can enable it?

2. Pecka

Pecka Member

"- Steam Overlay now works; run the game with “-opengl” as a parameter in the Steam Advanced settings to try this. (This is experimental.)"

This is what the patch notes say, didn't try it myself, did you use the parameter ?

3. HEVlar

HEVlar Member

Yup, it's working. I never read the patch notes, stupid me. Thank you very much :)

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

I tried it, playing on a laptop aswell, makes the FPS about 10. Not a big deal, will play without the Steam Overlay.

5. satoru

satoru Member

Try running the game in windowed mode, but use a program called "ShiftWindow" to make it look like fullscreen. Makes alt-tab-ing out pretty seamless. I use it all the time where I like to look up information on the fly.

6. hax

hax Member

With -opengl I get some very choppy graphics like some parts of the screen are rendered too slow.
    I'm playing on a tft @ 1920x1200 and must use vsync in all games to prevent this, but in this game there is no option for vsync.
    But without -opengl everything is fine so I can live without the steam overlay.

7. Stretcher

Stretcher Member

Hi, just wanted to say that the -opengl option works fine, Steam overlay now works. And I'm surprised to read people getting performance issues, because the game runs a little faster with the OpenGL rendering on my laptop @ 1366x768 (Core 2 Duo T5800, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9600M GS 512Mb).

Great work, great game. You're really great guys, bravo !