FAXPAX: A Thing What Fax Made

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Technically speaking, you should be fine without starting the new game. It's just that you'll have to include FAXPAX in the mod list whenever you load the save from the moment you load it for the first time, and the mod-added content won't appear in the already generated areas.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, I started a new game. Nothing odd happened. Other than the wand creation bug/glitch where when you hover on the recipe it crashes. :)
    Any axe based recipes/items your mod adds? I'm going to try for that Axe mastery achievement, even though I thought I already got it.

3. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Should be fine.

4. woldking2

woldking2 Member

So..... Downloaded the mod and whenever i try to run DoD with it, I get the error "File named skills/butcher32.png not found. The game will probably crash!" Then the game crashes. Is this a bug or did i just do something retarded?

5. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

One of the mushrooms crashes the game. I think it's the fiuree cap mushroom or something.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

@woldking2
    Hmmm. Sounds suspiciously like this post.

It is all about where the files are. What OS and what version of DoD? (And mention if you have RotDG too.) It works fine for me on DoD RotDG 1.0.10 RC5.

7. woldking2

woldking2 Member

@ Omni
    Most recent version of DoD, don't have RotDG(wish I did), and windows 7.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Odd. I have no reasonable explanation of why this is not working for you.

When you say "Most recent version" do you mean the most recent stable, or are you a beta tester like myself? The most recent stable is 1.09RevB. When you load the game and are at the title screen it should say the version in the lower left corner. If it does not then you probably have 1.09 without the changes in RevB.

In any case the files are there. They are just a bitch from hell to get everything recognized due to path issues. *Edit* Nevermind. The files for butchery are not present in the DoD without RotDG. If you are beta testing and using the 1.0.10 Rev(Any letter here) you will have to delete those files from the beta patch for it to work right if I am not mistaken.

Presuming you are using the beta, copy the ..\expansion\* directory elsewhere from your install and delete them from the install path so it cannot see them. If that does not work then I am at a loss.

May I ask why you do not have the RotDG? I swear on my left nut that you would love it as much as DoD. (And I sure would, since it would negate this issue.) :)

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

On a related note, does FaxPax require RotDG? Or just some images from it? If the latter, would it be unfair to just add them into a zip for everyone to download and use? (I do not want to steal, nor help anyone steal, but the images are not the expansion.)

10. woldking2

woldking2 Member

Yea, I'm using 1.09, and really just don't feel like spending $3.00 on it lol.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would offer to buy it for you if there was a way without compromising my payment methods. That and the fact that anyone, everyone and their cousins would be pestering me for it.

It is three dollars. Not more than a beer at any bar in the nation. And despite my hatred of the idea, Emomancy is a great skill for defense of squishy mages.

12. FaxCelestis

The Butcher image is in RotDG, yes. However, it's only used on a proc skill. If you go into spellDB.xml and edit it to something else that you know works, it should work with no issue.

13. FaxCelestis

Added workshop links.

14. FaxCelestis

Version 0.5 uploaded!

15. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I've been having crashes upon receiving the recipes for the Horadic Lutefisk Cube and the Rod of Lordly Might. The new recipe window comes up, and then the game just dies.

16. FaxCelestis

That's a 1.0.9 bug: don't mouse-over the n-DImensional Lathe.

17. FaxCelestis

0.5.RevA uploaded. It includes some new weapons.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sorry Fax. The One Hat to rule them all has deemed that this current version of the mod will crash every last time for me. And I am powerless to oppose The One Hat and it's missing sprites of Doom. :)

19. FaxCelestis

wuuuuut

I've been running it, and it works just fine. :\ Is it yelling about the hat sprite?

20. Miss multiple weapon pngs for it for some reason :confused:

Swallow_1.png axe_1.png mace_2.png staff_6.png staff_7.png thrown_1.png and it only does it when I play with your Fax mod.