You guys should *REALLY* change the Steam description

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by GalacticOnion, Jul 13, 2011.

1. GalacticOnion

GalacticOnion Member

It's great that the game is out and has a nice attractive image in Steam's main scrolling "adboard". Congrats guys, instant purchase!

BUT, unfortunately the text under the image starts with "Long ago, the Dark Lord Dredmor was bound in the darkest dungeons beneath the earth by great and mighty heroes. Centuries later, the magical bonds that hold him in place are BLAH BLAH BLAH GENERIC RPG STUFF". Reading stuff like that provokes instant snores, seriously.

To bring out the great humor that's in your game, please modify the description text so the first sentence we read (and therefore see on the main page) is rather like one of those:
    "Worship Inconsequentia, the Goddess of Pointless Sidequests, or try your luck as a devotee of the nameless Lutefisk God."
    or why not:
    "embrace the joys of destroying giant moustache-wielding brick demons with a mace decorated with tawdry, delicious bacon"

That would have much, much more chance of holding the attention of people long enough to check out the game's page and fall in love. I know it would definitely hold *my* attention :) .

Good luck, I hope your game sells really well - if I enjoy it as much as I'd expect from a roguelike this well-made, I'll definitely get a few friends to buy it.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks dude - regarding the description, we're on it!

3. celt

celt Member

I disagree. The first thing I want to see in a Steam description is the hard cold facts. Not fluff. What *is* it? I think your opening 10 words should include words like "Roguelike", "random", "dungeon".

4. GalacticOnion

GalacticOnion Member

The new description is better, but I think celt has a good point as well.

5. applecrispy

applecrispy Member

i signed up to agree with celt.

6. Noven

Noven Member

I find myself agreeing with Celt too. Also, not really a complaint, just... kinda surprising to see this game with the 'Casual' tag on it lol