Removing blood splatter from floor/wall tiles

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wallach, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Wallach

Wallach Member

Is there a chance you could make these splatters disappear after a set amount of turns or something? Even on my i5-750/5850, after clearing out a monster room (as a mage, I assume you make the same level of mess as a melee) the amount of goop seems to cause a fair bit of chugging in that area, which never goes away. It seems like maybe the blood splatters are stacking on top of one another making it worse, which seems a bit pointless since you can only really see the topmost one. I wouldn't think even a lot of them would cause that kind of a hit on my machine, but it's quite noticeable.

2. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

Maybe have cleansing FIRE do the job? But yeah, I've noticed a bit of a hit sometimes

3. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Is there more blood this patch? It wasn't so bad in 1.02 I found, but now my ultra PC slows to a crawl when I see 100 monsters worth of blood on one screen.

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

I noticed the blood splatters too, but, I am running on a laptop, dual-core pentium 2.4ghz, 3gb and I get no lag whatsoever...

And your machine stomps mine...

5. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

I am also running on a less powerful laptop and i don't get this at all.

6. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

I dont get slow computer or something but i think if u fighting down or up its slower than if u fight left or right. YOu know what i mean?

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It can get a bit excessive, can't it.

We'll look into the possibility of throttling the ketchup a bit.

Exile likes this.
  8. Wallach

Wallach Member

I actually don't mind the visual part of it, it just seems to cause framerate loss on my end if I waste everything in a very tightly packed area (like dropping a couple miasma clouds at the doorway choke for example). Just thought it was strange that my system struggled with it at all (though I haven't tried using the -directx or -opengl parameters yet).

9. MikeW

MikeW Member

Hehe, my only problem is the frames of enemies, mainly the summoned units. But I understand why that happens, due to it being turn-based.

Any possibility though, that the walking animation stops? Like when a Wrymling (However you spell) is attacking and you moved, rather than walking on the spot, you just stand still...

10. MikeW

MikeW Member

@David , woops forgot to say that above comment was directed @ you :p

11. afterstar

afterstar Member

Please add this as an option instead of changing the rule completely, some of us like our floors filled with blood. xD
    Would be nice to add it as a bar option that increases or decrease fading rate of corpses based on your choice, ex. (Short Time) |------<>--| (Never)

12. 45Calibur

45Calibur Member

After having played about 20 melee characters, I tried a mage and there is definitely something wrong with the way blood splatter appears if you use obvious fireball. Literally there was blood appearing everywhere anytime I would use obvious fireball, whereas melee I had no noticeable frame rate loss anywhere. With mage/fireball I had slowdowns every couple of rooms.

13. Tahrfarce

Tahrfarce Member

Did you have Blood Magic? That's quite the culprit for all of my blood-related woes.

14. Serith

Serith Member

I've coated the dungeon in blood. It retaliated by choking my computer. The dungeon is a harsh mistress...
    But seriously, playing a mage is a great way to get blood everywhere. I didn't even have to kill things for there to be blood. My wyrmling would kill something, and all around me would be covered in blood thanks to Blood Magic. I blame the diggles.

15. 45Calibur

45Calibur Member

Ahh, yeah I was using the blood mage skill... So perhaps that's the culprit then.

16. Wallach

Wallach Member

I also use Blood Mage on my characters.