Font size issues still not fixed with new update

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Drog, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Drog

Drog Member

I'm surprised that the issues with a larger than default font size haven't been fixed with the new update that came today. Again, the game is UNPLAYABLE if the font set through the control panel is above 100%. A good 60-70% of the screen is cut off, making it impossible to even make it past character creation.

I'm surprised and disappointed that this issue was not resolved and I sincerely hope it is addressed ASAP if you want as many people to play this game as possible.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I wouldn't worry. I believe the update has been split into two parts due to player demand.

The second part of the update, which will hopefully include the 'double size of UI' feature, should address this issue.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/2011/07/16/whats-in-the-next-patch/

3. Drog

Drog Member

I didn't see this mentioned in the 1.04 proposed list of changes, so I'd just like confirmation that this will be corrected in the next patch.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's on a TODO list to be investigated. (Interestingly enough, you're the only person who has reported it.)

The reason it's not in the official patch TODO list is because when I read it, it sounded like it was a problem with SDL, meaning that we have to go off and hassle other people some more (and hence it's not something we can control; and hence it's not something we can shove in the patch notes.) But we are aware of it.

-- N.

5. AfBU

AfBU Member

Hello,
    I have exactly same problem. I am used to play games on my HDTV and I have font size above 100% (so texts are readable from distance), but game is unplayable on this system, unless I change the settings, log off and log on again (and it's quite uncomfortable) :(

AfBu

6. Drog

Drog Member

Thanks for getting back to me N, appreciate it.