No actions possible when you apparently kill too much too fast

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by velz, Jul 19, 2011.

1. velz

velz Member

I was screwing around with a cheat tool and locked my health so I was essentially in god mode. Was running around mass killing the Dread Collectors and at one point after killing what seemed like 200 or more, I couldnt move or take any actions, but the combat log was still scrolling by. The animations were still going however. Once the log stopped, I still couldnt take any action, had to kill the game process.

2. kbe

kbe Member

Cool story bro.

3. mwoody

mwoody Member

Seriously? You're submitting a bug report for something that happened using a cheat tool?

4. velz

velz Member

Youre insinuating that just because I was using the cheat tool that it had to be an issue with that? I think its more like the cheat tool just allowed you to live long enough to find a bug. Sure you probably wont ever encounter this issue unless youre using the tool, but it still exposes a bug regardless

5. Ryuforce

Ryuforce Member

It makes it really hard to determine if the bug is because of the cheat or not when you, you know, cheated. They should consider making sure it can not happen but well you know what they say.

Cheaters never win. :p

6. Omnia0001

Omnia0001 Member

Hold on guys, I get what he's saying.
    Cheat tool -> locking current hp (makes it static value)
    Bug occurs after he kills a ton of enemies and continues fighting. (in a quick time frame i assume)

He thinks the bug is because of the kills/timeframe and the bug wouldn't be found unless he locks his hp, because it's an extreme case.

@velz Problem though is if the bug is something like: enemy(s) hit >= max hp and because current hp is locked, the game freezes.. hence why it's hard to debug cases when cheat tools are used to mess with values.. creates conditions that are not in the normal game parameters.

7. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

I've cleared a Monster Zoo in under 10 seconds, I've not encountered this problem with mass mob killing. So it's probably because you were cheating.