Don't do it- Don't keep this up

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by benetar, Jul 19, 2011.

1. benetar

benetar Member

You just lost 2 sales tonight as I as joyfully buying the game for two friends. Forget it. I actually don't have a lot of time and my son and I lost our saved games-- so yeah it was worth more than the price of the game. I had fun while it lasted but now I am upset, I will not recommend the game nor buy more copies. In fact for once I am so pissed that I will probably post on RPG watch too about this. I have kind of had it with crap developers and congratulations you just joined the ranks of crap developers. One pissed customer is worth way more than 10 who shrug their shoulders at your bad decision here.

2. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

Might want to wait to see if they fix it in the next patch - or have an auto-convert process.

3. Ryuforce

Ryuforce Member

As heavy weapons guy would say. "Waaaa, cry some more."

But seriously? Your hating on the game because a game that takes roughly ten hours to beat on a single play though is suddenly bad because their new update makes the save not work? They did WARN that they could have problems with the saves.

Which would you rather them do? Fix the game's problems or not and let us keep our saves?

4. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

This game should not have been released with so many bugs still in place. How could all these save game crashes/deleted save games not have shown up with even some minimal beta testing beforehand? I can understand why some people are pissed. But on the scale of shitty things that can happen to you in life, this barely rates, so chill out and start another character.

5. picklecannon

picklecannon Member

And you'd probably do the same if the game crashed and you lost your save that way, lose-lose situation. Sucks that you aren't playing anymore, but they had to patch it and they probably saved themselves a lot more customers who wanted the random CTD crashes fixed (and all of the crash protection put in place).

6. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

1) Wait for developers
    2) Wait some more
    3) ????
    4) Profit!

7. Ryuforce

Ryuforce Member

@lithicbee

Pretty much this. It sucks that the game ended up with some bugs despite them having beta tests but it happens. Other games have had worse problems right off the back and rather them fix the game while it's less then a couple weeks old then have it take a month or too to fix all the problems

8. plank

plank Member

I probably would have died anyway. No big deal.

9. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

Boo-hoo. So you expected a game to work flawlessly the first 7 days after it came out? You should really bring your hopes down.
    Also, you probably would have died anyway. Start fresh!

10. Embolus

Embolus Member

A lot of games have saves invalidated on patch, it's often an inevitable part of the process. For the record, you are not worth more than 10 customers who don't mind save invalidation, and the fact you are upset about losing maybe a few days of gameplay at most says a lot about you.

11. kbe

kbe Member

I have 301 games on steam and this has never been an issue in any of them, just saying. Not saying other games haven't had their share of bugs and even game breaking bugs I however have never lost my progress due to bugs in any game until now and I've been gaming since 1985. Call me lucky I guess.

12. Embolus

Embolus Member

Except we're not talking of bugs here, we're talking of patches. A lot of those games with game-breaking bugs don't get patched, ever, unless it has a dedicated community to make an unofficial patch.

13. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

kbe, did you buy all those games on the release date? Because time and time again i've had saves invalidated. Fallout comes to mind! And that game is 200 hours, not 20 like this

14. Serith

Serith Member

@kbe
    Really? You've never had that happen? All release date bought or later when they are on sale? Cause I've been gaming since '93 and this has happened more times then I can count for me.

Edit: Bakyra, you ninja.

15. Kyrate

Kyrate Member

Interesting that you were supposedly enjoying a game where the point is to start again after death then quit and whine when you have to start over. Crashes in a game like this are unacceptable and they fixed it with this patch. If that means losing my current guy that's fine. Start over, its the point of the game.

16. kbe

kbe Member

Bakyra obviously not all but a large portion yes and Embolus it's bugs that lead to crashing which also lead to saved games being lost, something that's still not fixed in the current patch as someone already posted on the Steam forums about loosing their new save made after the patch due to a crash. Regardless strictly talking about patches that wipe saves this has never happened to me ever, and I'd like some examples even in Fallout NV this never happened and that game was and still is plagued with bugs.

17. Leaf

Leaf Member

Seriously, the time you put in making these complaints could be used in making a new character. If it bothers you that much, put the game away for awhile and wait a bit. Then you can come back and realize what you have been missing XD. I mean you will come back and not have to deal with as many patches. Yeah.. thats it.

18. Embolus

Embolus Member

It amuses me you expect all bugs to be fixed in a single patch. Since when has this ever been the case for any game? You mentioned Fallout NV: now that's a game that is plagued with CTDs even after multiple patches.

19. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

Kbe, Fallout NV was done with the same Fallout 3 engine. However, if you go back to Fallout 2... oh dear.

You havent been gaming for a whole lot of time have you

20. kbe

kbe Member

@Embolus Yet I finished it without a single CTD, did experience many other bugs though.

@Bakyra I said since 1985.

Regardless I wouldn't even care as long as the crashing, corruption and save lost was fixed but it's not.