Windows Vista/7 64-bit Uberchest/levers bug status?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Geoff, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Member

Have the uberchest bugs been fixed yet? I'm pretty sure I've been effected by them. Does leaving (by going up to a previously fully explored floor, say) a floor before I find or pull any levers avoid causing the bug? Last night while playing, I had reached floor 3 but hadn't found any uberchests yet and wanted to make an effort to avoid triggering the bug before quitting for the evening so I went up a set of stairs to floor 2 before I saved and quit.

I read somewhere that save games don't save lever/uberchest states, if this is the case, why not? As a fellow programmer, I'm genuinely curious about this reason, as a it seems to me (at first glance, anyway) that it's simply a matter of saving three states: open/unlocked, closed/locked, closed/unlocked. Though because the game supports modding, I'd imagine it's at least a little more complicated than that; like being required to save the state machine representation itself, not just the state machine's state?

2. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

I believe they were working on fixing that in the next patch, but it is still an issue as of right now.

3. Geoff

Geoff Member

Until this next patch is released, is my approach to avoiding the triggering of the bug a viable one?

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's gonna be fixed in the patch, but for now as far as I know, all you need is to not go up/down stairs and not save/reload on that floor.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

No, I'm sorry to say that won't work.

I can confirm that the bug is triggered once you save or leave a floor, regardless of whether or not you've seen the chests.

I once went down to a floor and the first and only room I saw had no levers and no uberchests so I saved there immediately. After dinner, I reloaded from that room. Before the floor was completed, I found two uberchests, neither of which could ever be opened. I also found two levers that did nothing when pulled.

Likewise, I've accidentally stepped onto stairs and changed floors. Upon returning to the original floor, any unopened uberchests were now sealed permanently and apparently disassociated from their levers. That's happened a couple times.

6. Geoff

Geoff Member

Crud. :( Will the patch reset the uberchests/related levers so that they can be qualified as no longer problematic once saved for the first time under the new patch? Even if this means getting a new item for a second time out of an glitch-affected uberchest, I doubt this is even worth bringing up as a balance issue considering how many chests I lost out on so far which I never got to open, and I imagine I'll die with this character at some point and have to start again after the patch (I'm relatively new to the game/haven't played much) with a new character at some point anyway, so it's not like it's a permanent situation; a transitional hiccup at worse.