NNOOOOO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Armand, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Armand

Armand Member

I was on level 8 of the dungeons! My character was awesome! It's all gone now! 20 hours of work all gone. I want to cry... :(

2. Irish

Irish Member

Welcome to the world of roguelikes. May your next character reach 21 hours of work.

3. Armand

Armand Member

I think I'm done. Perma-death by monsters is one thing. Perma-death by update is just too upsetting.

4. kbe

kbe Member

Pretty pissed off about this, that was my 3rd save I lost.

5. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

You may always download the pirated 1.0.2 and play it to the end.

6. heh i had just cleared level 1 :O

7. Tech

Tech Member

I'm really pissed at this new patch... I had just found a lutefisk cube on level 1 on a new character I had rolled...

8. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

Well it's either they patched it or you suffered all of the other troubles and lost saves..

Necessary evil sorry ya'll.
    (Tho I dunno why the saves wouldn't work anymore, but hey coding is confusing I guess!)

9. Armand

Armand Member

That might not be a bad idea Bakyra. I already bought the game, so it wouldn't hurt to pirate an outdated version, right?

10. Bakyra

Bakyra Member

I allowed myself to pirate the game since there was no demo. Then i liked it, and i bought it right away :)

11. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

Ah just do it, who cares? For the first time i download it too because there is no demo and i didnt know if this be good game for me. It is so i buy it..

12. falkor99

falkor99 Member

I bought it. Invested 20 hours, died to a bug. Tried again invested another 20, died to a Steam auto-update that renders my saves useless. Good show!

13. falkor99

falkor99 Member

I write software for my company and it's inexcusable that they aren't versioning their saves. The save should very clearly have a version number attached to it and it is trivial to write a old save to new save conversion routine. They must have some seriously green coders with no real world experience.

14. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

"They must have some seriously green coders with no real world experience. " Hahaha again!

15. Wallach

Wallach Member

It's a roguelike. Don't get too attached to your character.

16. Leaf

Leaf Member

Yay! Another thread about the same topic! Good job guys!

17. Armand

Armand Member

Just read the new post today. Glad to see they're fixing the issue with the saves! Good people!

Leaf, get over yourself. There was only one or two when this was first posted.