Tentative Changelog for Patch 1.0.10

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I will probably formalize this on the blogs at some point, but let's run it by our humble forum-dwellers first. Now that the company is not actively on fire, most of this week has been slated for finally getting a Dredmor patch out. With some success. Here's the current list of fixes:

- FIXED: Invisibility now works as it says on the tin.
    - FIXED: Blackjack works again.
    - FIXED: Added a flag to targetHitEffects that lets them apply before, or after, the target combat calculation.
    - FIXED: "Playing for Both Teams" achievement now works.
    - FIXED: bookshelf crashing bug w/bony wand recipes
    - FIXED: Some timing exploits.
    - FIXED: A number of load/save corruption issues.
    - FIXED: Uberchests not opening after you load and save.
    - FIXED: You can now load more than one mod on OS X.
    - FIXED: The Mace of Windu now uses the correct art.
    - FIXED: Item spawning on levels 11-15.
    - Changes to combat ordering. The new combat ordering is as follows:
    • If you dodge, no damage.
    • If you crit, and your opponent counters, no damage. If you crit and your opponent blocks, normal damage. Else, critical attack.
    • If your opponent counters, counterattack!
    • If your opponent blocks, 1/2 damage.
    • Else, normal damage.
    - Ubercrafting now has filters and a grid mode.
    - NEW CONTENT: Monsters now have per-type item drops.
    - NEW CONTENT: Taxa can now be applied to specific monster types, not just the species category.
    - NEW CONTENT: some new rooms.
    - NEW TRAP: Toxic Blindness Darts.
    - NEW TRAP: Inconspicuous Pressure Plates.
    - Autosaves now auto-save once every 5 minutes in addition to before going down (and up) stairs.
    - Game now remembers which mods have been loaded.
    - Upgraded SDL to version 1.2.15, fixing the bad things that happen on OS X (and no doubt introducing new bad things.)
    - Rewrote the entire audio engine. This is going to end well.
    - Removed all of the SDL_Image code.

I will probably add a little new Hidden Fun Stuff before this actually makes it out the door as well. Anybody have anything else they Urgently Need Fixed?

2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Scrolling on the skill selection screen when all 20 bazillion mods are loaded?

3. Chopkinsca

Chopkinsca Member

Awesome stuff. I always love patch notes for some reason. I'm sure some members will have a few comments to add on what should be expected in 1.0.10

4. Nicholas

Oh snap, I totally forgot that one. :D On it.

Psiweapon, Kazeto, Wi§p and 2 others like this.
  5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Now that's what I call customer service.

CheeseToast, blob and Kazeto like this.
  6. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

If you have two polymorphs at the same time the game crashes when the second one ends.

e.g. Batty Form -> Diggle Nog -> Diggle Nog Ends -> Batty Form Ends -> Crash.

7. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

You forgot about the 'stat boosts do not work right' bug!

8. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Is the belt eating on rightclick equipping gear bug sorted out ? Oh, the steam achievements for piracy and veganism are still swapped on Steam as well I think?

Other than that and scrolling skills when bunch of mods are loaded as Lorrelian mentioned, looks good and can't wait to play 1.0.10. :)

9. Nicholas

The belt-eating bug is fixed, yes.

Are both achievements actually swapped with each other? I took a look this morning and they're both sending the right data, but I haven't dug further into that mess yet.

10. Quarky

Quarky Member

First of all, hi DoD community!:)

This makes me very happy.
    Could you fix monster zoo counters being broken when you change floors? When the first door you open on a floor is a monster zoo, it's kind of hard not to run away.

Wi§p likes this.
  11. An expanded inventory system? Craftables/Mushroom/Potion/Wands pouch(s) or something that allows you to manage loot a little easier. Not exactly urgent, but most desirable feature. :)

12. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Oh, does Invisible Geometries cost mana now?

Wi§p likes this.
  13. Quarky

Quarky Member

Also, have you removed wand lore stat from the random enchantments list?

Lorrelian, ElectricMessiah and Wi§p like this.
  14. Negative trap affinity from krong enchants not having any effect

15. I'd like to be able to create spells/traps/monsters which can Confuse or Fear the player - right now, those effects only works on monsters.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

From what I know, the expansion skills achievements are offset by one. Not sure if that's true as I never really bothered to check my achievements, but there was a discussion about it some time ago.

blob likes this.
  17. Karock

Karock Member

Any chance that the bug adding additional stats on level up when you have negative mana/health regen debuffs on you could be fixed? I really want to be able to use Necronomiconomics again without turning into a super hero :(

18. blob

blob Member

Wow that's great ! This fixes pretty much all the really really annoying stuff. Kudos for rewriting the audio engine. I applause.
    im going to +1 the ask for a fix to get the stat boosts working on stuff like pants where it sometimes breaks until you put them back on.

Guys, let's not ask too much or we wont see the patch until next month. I want it nao :B

19. Android089

Android089 Member

Is magic reflection working now?

What about sight? (Note, Sight works for me about half the time.)

20. keeveek

keeveek Member

Please add:

Remembering which mods were set on , to not have to pick which mods to load every time you launch the game.