July 13th!?, What will I do until then?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Skyblade799, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Skyblade799

Skyblade799 Member

So it's being released July 13th... I'm both happy and sad. There are two weeks to wait for dredmor, and I have no idea of how to get through them D:. Anyone have any suggestions on how to pass the time?

2. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

14days to count down...

Argh! I want iiiit... Nice to see they got onto Steam tho, really good.
    Just a shame I can't pre-order it NOW!

Hah Pre-order, best come with a bonus... like... "Eyebrows" TF2 Hat <3 Man that'd be amazing XD LOL

3. Scrav

Scrav Member

For those looking for a brief alternative while we wait, have a look at Delve Deeper (http://store.steampowered.com/app/63800/) - it's another budget indie game on Steam (and elsewhere). It is a turn based chaotic strategic game with fantasy elements. I'm fairly sure there is a demo for it.

4. Serith

Serith Member

@TopHatCat HAAAAATSSSS!!! It would be amazing though. xD (Mmm...Giant eyebrows on a pyro...Pyrobrows...Want so much.)

OT: As for things on how to pass time; You could do what I'm going to do and play Elona (http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html), another Roguelike, though Noa, it's creator has stopped working on it.
    Or an indie pay-what-you-want game Proun (http://www.proun-game.com/), though it's an abstract racing game, you can get it for free from the site. There's also Project Zomboid...And yet, with all these I'll still be thinking of only Dredmor...

5. getter77

getter77 Member

I recommend taking up cheese eating to get in The Zone. On the slate for me is a Pesto Mozzarella twist and some manner of Raw Milk Irish cheese in mysterious packaging---possibly also a strange Marinara/Pepperoni Formaggio...

6. skavenhorde

skavenhorde Member

Play ADOM to get you in the "roguelike" mindset. That and to get you used to how many times you will die in the beginning. :D

7. Fadedc

Fadedc Member

ADOM was definitely a good game back in the day if you haven't played it, although sadly it stopped getting updates a long time ago. I prefer Crawl and ToME if for no other reason then that they are constantly evolving and changing the game up to make them better, and to see what works and what doesn't.

8. getter77

getter77 Member

Technically, there are some ADOM updates very, very slowly percolating as we near the first, long-awaited early Alpha demo of JADE. That said, could be a long while yet before a new ADOM patch exists versus JADE in a day or so judging from the countdown.

9. Fadedc

Fadedc Member

Wow so Jade might actually be released, I had written that one off as vaporware years ago. I'll have to check it out, though if it's just an early alpha demo, it may still be a very long time before a complete version is released. As for an ADOM update, it may happen some year, but I will believe it when I see it.

10. Guest

This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because, this is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend...

11. Lazerus

Lazerus Member

another game to try would be fatal labyrinth on the sega genesis (or an emulator) old but fun