Attacking your own pets

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Econael, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Econael

Econael Member

I get that there's friendly fire with AoE, but why do I melee attack my pet when I click it?

2. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

I do that all the time, it's a pain in the butt - my pet always stands on things I want to pick up.

3. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

For what it's worth, being able to attack your own pet is actually valuable sometimes. You can use it to regain health with Vampirism, and sometimes it's the only way to prevent your pet from stepping on a trap and killing you. There should still probably be a less ambiguous command for it, though.

4. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

There is afew uses... First is feeding off them with Vampirism (attack em all day then eat their corpse). Also for example fungal arts, you can kill the summon from that then plant a Mushroom on it, as it leaves a corpse, not very efficient but it works.

Never thought of the above thought, my pet almost killed me once by running over a trap >.< Haha.

But anyway it's a nice mechanic I like it, especially with the whole Vampirism thing.
    The only fix I'd suggest is to NOOOOOOOOT attack it when it has an item under it.. Have attacked my slime so many times when I'm trying to loot/pick up shrooms =/
    That'd be a nice fix.

5. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

You switch places with it if you use the keyboard.

Also be careful, they can counter you. Might end up killing yourself, Mr Vampire.

6. bushybrow

bushybrow Member

I kill my mortal machine for the 100 xp

7. Econael

Econael Member

enjoy as long as it's still in the game

8. Anacone

Anacone Member

I think you got 20xp for fire dragon thingie.

9. Abominog

Abominog Member

I've stopped using Pets as I'm sick of killin it when it Jams me in a 1 tile dead end walkway - just think of how many times you'd have to restart a character if you couldn't kill your pet :(

10. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Use the keyboard to move.. then you switch places with your pet instead of being blocked.

Someone mentioned that earlier in this thread.

11. Econael

Econael Member

also doesn't the pet move around randomly when you wait?

12. Embolus

Embolus Member

AFAIK it does not unless there is an enemy it is trying to reach.

Anyway, in the next update I believe they are making it impossible to kill your pet (as well as making it smarter).