Windows Vista/7 64-bit Can't disable 'Realm of the Diggle Gods'

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by vince9663, Feb 8, 2012.

1. vince9663

vince9663 Member

I got the basic game and the RotDG expansion through Steam. Periodically, I'd like to be able to disable the expansion and play the "vanilla" version of the game. I don't seem to be able to do that. Here are the steps to reproduce the bug that I am seeing:
    1. Start game from Steam
    2. Splash screen indicates that this is "Realm of the Diggle Gods"
    3. Click "New Game"
    4. Uncheck the "Realm of the Diggle Gods" checkbox on the "Choose your Difficulty" screen to disable the extra content
    5. Skill screen still shows extra skills
    6. Dungeon still loads with extra monsters and layout changes
    Is there another way to disable the expansion pack?

2. jzworkman

jzworkman Member

The extra monsters were part of the patch not the expansion. The expansion added a few more monsters as well but many were part of the normal patch. The RotDG mainly added the new skills, and the 5 extra floors before finding dredmor.

Although the skill thing is a bug.

3. vince9663

vince9663 Member

The monsters included in the expansion were the ones I was referring to. I can see that they are part of the expansion and not a patch because the graphics are in expansion/sprites/monster/

So I think that's part of the bug too.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations, you have found the most embarassingly obvious bug that somehow slipped through until now. We're all kicking each other right now.

Kazeto and Wisse like this.
  5. kino5

kino5 Member

Wow, I thought what you were activating or deactivating was just the five extra levels of RotDG, not actually disable all the content. I feel silly now :D

6. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

You werent alone in that thought kino5 :oops:

7. Daynab

Even if that's the case, I checked and the floors 10-15 still appear with that unchecked so... yeah.

8. kino5

kino5 Member

Well, I couldn't check that because since I got the RotDG I didn't get past level 10... *ashamed*

9. Daynab

I used leet cheat codes :) up up down down left right left right b a

kino5 likes this.