When you finally downed Lord Dredmor

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by zshikara, Jul 18, 2011.

1. zshikara

zshikara Member

I finally downed Dredmor on "dwarvish moderation" difficulty with permadeath off for the first time on July 18th at around 4:30 PM.

Post your completion information to see where you sit and flex your epeen.

I'll post a screenshot sometime soon. I am currently unable to get to the computer that has the game on it.

2. Jsmoov

Jsmoov Member

you had permadeath off, that does not count

3. Profanity

Profanity Member

Why would you play it without permadeath? It kind of kills all the fun and the point.

4. kbe

kbe Member

Has anyone beaten the game on permanent death? 0.3% have the dwarvish moderation kill I'm guessing non of those were on permanent death because of all the crashing issues, I myself have beaten it on non permanent death but that's only because I had already lost two characters to crashing and I just wanted to play the damn game, just lost my third character last night on floor 4 my power cut out in my house which sucked.

Loosing saves without even dying kills the fun and the point. I hope the save system changes in the new patch actually makes permanent death playable.

5. Incendax

Incendax Member

I think a lot of people are playing with Permadeath off to avoid the crashing bug, and then playing a different character if and when they actually die.

6. zshikara

zshikara Member

Yeah, honestly my main reason for playing with permadeath off was because I didn't know what to expect. I play world of warcraft and I always know what to expect going into an encounter. So this was mainly just so I could see what lay ahead and now I fully intend to play with permadeath on and see how far I can get. ^_^

7. Greg72

Greg72 Member

the only medium to be sure people arn't playing perm off or cheating (aka backing up save files) is online w/ saves online

8. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Once the save converter is here, I'll be ready to get the permadeath achievement on Dwarven Moderation.

9. Ghoul

Ghoul Member

I passed the game on:
    -Easy mode.
    -Moderation mode.
    -Rogue mode.
    -Rogue mode+perm-death.
    Passed rogue perm-death before steam's archivments updated, and didn't passed normal and easy on perm-death because there where no sense(challenge).