Can't record Dungeons of Dredmore with Fraps

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Zmaxter, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Zmaxter

Zmaxter Member

I can't seem to use Fraps to record my Dungeons of Dredmore gameplay, the FPS counter doesn't even appear...
    Any hints?

2. Profanity

Profanity Member

I'm not really familiar with fraps, but did you try to start recording BEFORE turning on Dungeons of Dredmor? If that's possible in Fraps.

3. skeena

skeena Member

Yeah I have this problem with my recording program playclaw.

And ofcourse its running before we start the game.

4. LordIacobus

LordIacobus Member

You need to add the parameter "-directx" to your game Launch Options in steam. Just right click on dungeons of dredmor in steam, go to properties, then Set Launch Options. Fraps should work perfectly after that.

5. Econael

Econael Member

@Developers: if you fix that, you'll get more exposure on youtube etc.

6. MikeW

MikeW Member

@Econael , the 'big' Youtubers, TB and the Yogcast have done videos, which I am sure have caused probably about %50 of sales, I came from TB.

Anyway, more videos is better, but I recommend using the method @Lordlacobus said about.

7. Econael

Econael Member

I came from TB too, but more exposure won't do harm.
    Just imagine if you do a search on youtube and you get dozens and dozens of LP vids =)

8. waitwhat

waitwhat Member

I've set the launch option to -directx but the only time FRAPS seems to have integrated with it is in the launcher window and in windowed mode, both of which will display the FPS overlay - windowed mode keeps locking up by failing to refresh the visuals.

In full-screen theres no FPS overlay and cant record either.

9. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

You're on the right track, but not -quite- correct. You want to use the argument -opengl in your launch options. This will allow fraps to hook onto it and easily allow you to record videos. It'll also enable the steam overlay.

Here's a quick video I took as an example, using fraps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkjJOhrGus

10. JonLastUK

JonLastUK Member

I run with -directx and have no problems

11. whoopsiedaisy

whoopsiedaisy Member

paulsoaresjr is another (fingerquotes) "big" Youtuber who has done several videos on the beta and the full game.

12. Zzinged

Zzinged Member

@MOOMANiBE

-directx is also a correct but yea, -opengl is better because it enables steam overlay.