How about a demo?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Frost, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Frost

Frost Member

Hello.
    As many people here i'm waiting for Dredmor so much.
    I searched this forum and blog entries and found nothing about demo version of the game. Its not planned at all? Or everyone just forgot about this?
    I see some people have acceess to beta and play it and enjoy it already...
    I know the beta is "not for all" thing, and so i ask you to make demo for all who interested to "try before buy".
    Of course in demo must be some limitations and i think the best is to make there only the first level of dungeons available.

I think its also the best time to make a demo. Until we all wait for full version, demo will keep high interset to game and can involve many new people who dont know anything about Dredmor so far. They will try demo and like it.

Anyway best wishes to you all and i'll keep my fingers crossed.
    -Dmitry.

2. Lazerus

Lazerus Member

well considering the game is cheap and gets released soonish...i doubt we will see a demo

3. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

Nicholas did give some rumblings about a demo to be released sometime after the full game is released.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

We discussed a demo but we're not sure if it's worth it, all around. Definitely not happening before release.

And besides, while we wait for this distro mess to get sorted out, we've got all kinds of things to do - I've got to make rent and Nicholas has a thesis to finish, etc.