Wait until healed feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cytanlord, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Cytanlord

Cytanlord Member

A key to wait until an enemy comes into sight, you're healed, or you press the key again would be very handy. It's a feature from a few other roguelikes that I think would benefit the game. Generally it's not needed but sometimes you're battered down so much that your only option is to lock yourself away in a tiny room and mash space 200 times. What do you guys think? Perhaps it might not even work with the current spawning code as there are usually fresh enemies waiting outside afterwards and I spend all my health and mana dealing with them. That and I only find myself in a situation that waiting is needed with mages after I've exhausted all my food and booze.

2. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

Space bar, skips your turn, spam it in a safe place til your healed.
    It's not hard =/ Just keep an eye out and watch your bars.

Iv never had trouble running out of food, hell I even sell most of it and am still fine, but if your really struggling find a vending machine or hell there's food laying everywhere normally..

But unless your reeeeaaaally deep in the dungeon you can just spam the space bar and regen your health naturally. Honestly I'd prefer the creators focus on coding more important stuff, as this isn't really needed, is it?

3. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

How would it be hard to implement "press space for me until something happens" like every other Roguelike has?

4. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

How would it be hard to press the space bar afew times until your fully healed like any non-lazy person could do.

But hey I guess if every other Roguelike has it might be an okay function, would give me chance to pee! Can never tear myself away once I start a new character...

5. Hyfrydle

Hyfrydle Member

I agree that this would be a good feature would also save wear and tear on the space bar.

6. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

"How would it be hard to press the space bar afew times until your fully healed like any non-lazy person could do."

A caster playing on Going Rogue can easily have to hit spacebar HUNDREDS of times, potentially after EVERY battle (or every two or three with a strong a backup weapon), to keep their health and mana up, even with a mana regen skill like Blood Magic. It becomes incredibly tedious very quickly, it makes the game slightly but discernibly less fun to play, and there's really no reason at all for it to be that way.

7. Laml

Laml Member

In my case, when i want to recover more than 3hp, I plug an old keyboard in order to have a space bar able to work correctly. But my hands still lose some hp during the healing process.
    This feature will definitively come in handy.

8. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

Even non-casters who for whatever reason don't have food can benefit from this. I know i have gotten myself into this situation being a warrior/caster quite a few times.

9. Incendax

Incendax Member

At the very least, a button that skips 10 turns AT YOUR OWN RISK would be easy to program.

10. Embolus

Embolus Member

Indeed. Risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is not acceptable as a drawback to out-of-combat healing/regeneration.

11. Cytanlord

Cytanlord Member

I'm glad it's not only me struggling with a mage's HP/MP. I only play on Going Rogue and I find myself out of mana constantly. Having to press spacebar hundreds of times is no exaggeration. Being able to hold spacebar could also potentially work but it wouldn't be ideal as it would be very easy to accidentally let a few enemies score some free hits if it's too fast.

12. Hyperwolf

Hyperwolf Member

If you need all that resting, you're doing it wrong. I go in all guns blazing, eating and drinking like a mad man. Of course I generally die around dungeon level 4 and I roll all my characters random but my wrists are perfectly healthy thank you.

It would be nice for GL to implement it but also to add Ninja Diggles that drop from the roof and steal your kidneys or something, on occasion.

13. Hyperwolf

Hyperwolf Member

Then you could earn the achievement "They took my freakin kidney!"

14. Ria Hawk

Ria Hawk Member

... That shouldn't amuse me as much as it does.

15. afterstar

afterstar Member

Move UP and DOWN or LEFT and RIGHT with WASD buttons,it's much faster and you don't break your spacebar.

ALso add items with hp or mana regen., for each 1point it reduces 1round you need to regen.

16. namad

namad Member

holding down spacebar doesn't work... if i am down 20health and want to heal for free i have to hit the spacebar at least 140times..when instead I could have either a) held it down for a while or b) hit another button once

obviously this needs fixed, a lot of other problems abound with the interface too though (no method to attack an enemy using the keyboard or open doors using the keyboard and the mouse interface is a bit clunky too)

17. Hmm-Hmm.

Hmm-Hmm. Member

As afterstar said. I just walk around a lot, preferably in an enclosed yet decently sizable space for easy cruisin'.

18. We definitely can just mash WASD in place of spacebar, but holding down one key would be so much more efficient.

19. ArchoX

ArchoX Member

I think its useless now

20. Sepioth

Sepioth Member

I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with macro buttons.

I created a simple macro using Logitech Gaming Software that when I press the macro button it presses spacebar every 25milliseconds while i hold it down.

You heal in no time fast :)

Surely there are other free macro programs out there that can do the same.