Female Voice

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zeemeerman2, Jan 20, 2012.

1. zeemeerman2

zeemeerman2 Member

I like how you got a male character and another male character with long, red hair and boobs. He really does look like a woman, but, you guessed it, the voice gave it away. When you're low on health, when you destroy a Statue-Of-The-Greatest-Person-The-World-Has-Ever-Known-,-Not!, etc... he can't hide it. He is a man.

But to his defense, the gender transition is really good. He just needs to work on his - her - voice a bit.

TL;DR: Developers, can you have the Female-like character have a female voice?

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Truth told, I consider The Announcer a separate entity from the player character. For example, "Your inventory is full."

3. zeemeerman2

zeemeerman2 Member

Though that can be interpreted as your player character talking to you, the player; something known as breaking the fourth wall. "Hey, you, behind the screen, your inventory is full. It's not mine, it's yours. You can just equip them on me. Why else are you pressing I to open your inventory? Isn't that saying enough that it's yours and not mine? Otherwise, you would keybind the inventory to U. That way it belongs to me. But now it doesn't."

I am searching the stuff a bit too far, am I not? :oops:

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

You are. The announcer is not the player, and the voice used when she attacks or is hurt is indeed a female sounding voice.

5. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

She's got the looks. Who cares if she packs a weapon? :cool:

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Agreed.

How about a compromise, though? Introduce a female announcer :D

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can record the voices yourself, if that's what you want - maybe if it goes well, they'll give us another announcer then.

8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

If it's anything like the Announcer for TF2, I'm all for it.

You'd have to work hard to beat Ellen McLain, though.

FaxCelestis likes this.
  9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I certainly don't have the voice for it, nor the ability/talent. I'd like to see it happen, and I'd use it if it did happen, but the announcer has a certain style of voice that I think works really well (sort of like the Mortal Kombat guy) and changing that would almost inevitably end badly.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Tough luck, then.
    I could try doing that, but my voice is most definitely a male one, so the result would be far from what you want.

Thus, the only thing you can do is to either try anyway, or to ask other members, hoping that there are other women there.

11. I can record a tipsy announcer, maybe even a drunk one soon; my roommate left a keg in the hallway.

blob likes this.
  12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

13. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Any drunk DoD voice should sound like Harry Caray.

14. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Vote Brian Blessed for announcer today!

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*Snorts*

"CRITICAL HIT! BASTARD! HAHAHAHAHA!"

16. Kutagh should do the female voice.

17. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Same here.