Patch Day

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by applekid, Jul 18, 2011.

1. applekid

applekid Member

I just got home and was disappointed to see that the patch hasn't gone live yet.

Any news on when its supposed to go out?

2. MikeW

MikeW Member

Steam usually do patches on Monday/Friday (Maybe Wednesday, not sure though). They said early this week, SOO I am guessing today some time unless I was wrong about when Steam patch :3

3. Profanity

Profanity Member

Well, today. Just no info about the hour or which timezone or whatever.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Drawing the enormous UI is taking longer than we thought. I'm guessing Tuesday or Wednesday.

If it's going to be a big deal, I'm going to split the patch in half and put half up tomorrow, half up later in the week. I want these crashes to die just as much as you do, damnit. -- N.

Exile likes this.
  5. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Just release it when it is ready.

6. MikeW

MikeW Member

@Nicholas I haven't been having crashes like the others (fingers crossed), so I am not as 'needy' for this patch. I just like new things, and a bigger number :p Main thing is, you guys are pleased with the patch, then release it.

7. joey4track

joey4track Member

I just really would like the skill trees to work properly. Dying to play a duel wielder properly.

8. applekid

applekid Member

Thank you for the reply Nicholas.

I have thankfully not experienced the CTD yet but feel for those that have. I think those that have would love to see a fix come sooner than the new content.

I'm greedy so I want both lol but thank you for the time update.

9. angbad

angbad Member

With all the crashes I'm too scared to play my main char atm :p Will wait for patch haha

10. swanee

swanee Member

Regarding the mentioned autosave, will it be a different file name than your character?
    Will it work different for hardcore characters? My Standard Op procedure (don't flame me), if I wan't to try something out (non-hardcore), I will save, then try a new skill for example, then die on purpose if I don't like it. It would be terrible if in mean time while trying to die, my save was lost. If that is how it works, so be, but warn us now.

11. Embolus

Embolus Member

Funnily enough, I haven't yet crashed once with DoD.

12. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Me neither -- no crashes at all on my PC, and I've become a total DoD addict (same thing happened to me way back when with Rogue).

13. Chiatroll

Chiatroll Member

I crashed once when off habit pushing the hotkeys for the steam overlay which doesn't work and it froze more then crashed but I had to just shut it down.

14. SavalBork

SavalBork Member

I disabled Steam to play offline (without Steam reminding me how much of my life I spend playing DoD), and have not had one crash.

15. Wallach

Wallach Member

It's just luck of the draw. I have 23 hours logged so far but only experienced one crash. Problem being that wiped out my floor 7 permadeath file, so one too many until the next patch arrives.

16. Incendax

Incendax Member

I suffered numerous crashes when I pirated the game to try it out, but I loved the game so much I felt the creators deserved my money so I bought the game and have not experienced a single crash in over 20 hours of playtime.

17. Abominog

Abominog Member

You pirated a $5 game ? How low is that

18. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

Yeah... Seriously admitting you pirated a 5$ dollar game is probably not a good idea.

19. Incendax

Incendax Member

This is not a discussion about pirating. The extent of its relevance is whether or not people who experience crashes also happen to be pirating the game.

20. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

Well It is interesting that you brought that up, because me having not pirated the game i only crashed pre patch. Still, anyone pirating the 5 dollar game deserves crashes in my book.