Oozies

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Borodin, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

I must be missing something, here. Other than the "break" and "it's broken," is there any purpose to these objects? Or are they merely what happens when you allow Samuel Beckett to have a hand in dungeon creation?

2. Velorien

Velorien Member

IIRC, they're a type of chest.

3. Borodin

Borodin Member

If they are, why don't picks open them? And why, when they're broken by weapons, aren't there ever anything in them?

4. Insanius

Insanius Member

You insert your lockpick into the oozy mess, and are displeased at the fact that the oozy has now absorbed it.

As for not finding anything, I guess it's just bad luck.

5. Borodin

Borodin Member

You're saying that to use a lockpick on an oozy, one must open the inventory, and then drop a group of lockpicks on it? Because right now, when I click an oozy, the default is for my character to take its weapon and attack the thing.

6. JunkRamen

JunkRamen Member

They're like barrels

7. Insanius

Insanius Member

I was trying to make light of the fact that an oozy is like a chest, but it's not actually a chest. A chest would have a lock with a keyhole, an oozy is made of revolting slime.

Also I forgot about barrels for some reason lol

8. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

Because if you don't break them, facehuggers will hop out and eat you. Or do other nasty things.

9. Borodin

Borodin Member

So they have no purpose at all. Thanks.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Well you occasionally find stuff in them, like you do in vases, barrels etc.

11. Stupid Beard

Stupid Beard Member

They do spawn items when you break them, just not very often. Just like barrels but possibly with a lower drop rate.

12. Borodin

Borodin Member

I suspect it's a very low rate, then. I've broken around 15 of them, and never found anything.

EDIT: 17, as of now.

13. Velorien

Velorien Member

Clearly, you have offended the spirit of the RNG, as I get items from them just like from barrels. You haven't been loading your dice or going around saying things like "there's no such thing as luck", have you?

brobbeh likes this.