Post your builds!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by MikeW, Jul 17, 2011.

1. MikeW

MikeW Member

I for one, have trouble getting a good character with good skills. So far, I have not made it past level 3... maybe because I give in easily... but still.

So if you have a good build, post here! Make sure to give it a name, like firemonk, or mathwizard, or dualsummoner or something like that :p

2. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

Right now my build is Axegol (axes and golems) I Have Dual wield, axes, beserker, golemancy, archeology, fungal, and archery. Still testing out fungal but it seems to work pretty well as im always at-least buffed with one if not more mushroom buffs. Made it to three and died stupidly. Could see it going all the way if there's not any game changers past 5. (Haven't gotten past five on other build) I imagine if i used more traps i could easily clear out zoos as long as im optimal level to clear them in the first place.

3. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Pyroq II the Hotologist: Promethean Magic / Magic Training / Ley Lines / Blood Magic / Wand Lore/ Burglary / Archaeology

Mainly using exploding runes all over the place and getting crazy mana back while running away with ninja vanish.

4. Serith

Serith Member

Confused Snapping Turtle: Unarmed / Dual Wield / Promethean Magic / Burglary / Artful Dodging / Archaeology / Smithing

Mainly running around with dual shields with high Counter Chance, kicking and using Dragon's Breath/Rune of Exploding when feeling a minor ache in the foot, while countering/blocking/dodging constantly.

5. supernaut

supernaut Member

Whatever name comes to mind: Dual Wield / Swords / Burglary / Archaeology / Artful Dodging / Assassination / Perception

I build up Dual Wield so that I get some attack bonuses/counter/ and defense bonuses. Then usually die on the second level. I did have mathemagic instead of Perception which allowed me to beat the monster zoo on level 2 with the teleport spell every time my health got low. I'm trying to see if the second artful dodger skill (cant remember the name) will help me out with a similar tactic.

6. Omnia0001

Omnia0001 Member

Swords/ Dual Wield / Artful Dodging / Flesh-Shaping / Burglary / Archeology / Smithing

Counter-Atk build being a bit rounded out. Smithing = lvl 4 for crafting ring of thorns. Archeology Maxed for all abilities. Burglarly currently neglected.. not much need for the higher levels yet, but the base level keeps my lockpick stock up. Flesh-Shaping is lvl 1 as well currently for the hp-regen and defense buff. Swords/Dual Wield leveled for counter-atk.

7. doncorazon

doncorazon Member

Firevampmage:

Vampire / Blood Magic/ Promethean / Staffs/ Tinkerer / Mathemagic / Magic Training

Having a lot of fun with this mage build. Vamp keeps my health up once I get it to lvl 2. Promethean has a lot of great attack spells along with the wyrm tank. Math gives me mobility for tough situations and tinkerer helps me deal with traps and play around with junk.

8. dokvald

dokvald Member

i use duel wielding, shield-bearer, artful dodger, master of arms, vampirism, perseption and assassination. i use a mix of 2 shields or 1 shield and whatever strong weapon i can get depending on the situation. i'm playing on mid difficulty with permadeath. so far i'm on level 6, character level 12 and 181,236 points. having some trouble on lvl 6. but this build seems to work incredible well so far. 29 burliness, 21 sagacity, 30 nimbleness, 23 cadishness, 20 savvy, 24 stubborness, 10 melee power, 16 crit rate, 11 counter, 7 magic power, 10 haywire chance, 13 magic resistance, 11 armor absorb, 30 block chance, 26 dodge chance, 15 enemy dodge reduction, 35 sneakiness, 1 sight radius, 0 wand affinity, 3 trap detect, 2 trap affinity, 0 smithing, 0 pot making, 0 tinkering, 59 hp, 47 mp, 1 hp rate, 0 mp rate, 1 slashing resist, 2 necro resist, 4 acidic resist, 8 crushing dmg, 1 piercing dmg, 2 toxic dmg, 1 righteous dmg, 1 necro dmg, 1 existential dmg, 10 other dmg

9. DarkFenix

DarkFenix Member

Rogue/ranger:

Archery / Swords / Burglary / Tinkerer / Assassination / Archaeology / Throwing

Ok so throwing was an afterthought and was useless, I shouldn't have bothered with it. At any rate, it's a disgustingly effective build, I'm now on level 8 at character level 18 and having such an easy time as for it to be boring.

To start with I just maxed tinkering in order to get a steady influx of ammo. I currently have over 400 bolts having just finished level 7. My only difficulty was a bloody kleptoblobby on level 4 that stole a stack of 200+ bolts (which it didn't give back). Burglary's skills mean nothing gets close unless I let it, archaeology is frankly ridiculous (I've been rerolling my artifact items again and again until they suit me, not to mention abusing anvils).

In hindsight I should have taken something like Artful Dodger instead of Throwing.

10. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

Current build is golem + math, ley walker + blood mage + magic training, archeology + burglary.

Dancing around until you level up and get the moustache golem is a bit irksome, and level 2 (until you get mana regen max, a bit of training, maybe a mana regen item, and a level of blood magic for your gold curse) involves a lot of spacebar, but at the current point I'm steamrolling things with the gold curse - +3 mana from a kill, with items regen mana every 3 turns (and then the blood mage buff), and the cost is currently 12. Good times.

Archeology allows some experience from storing artifacts (good) and reroll for buffs (better). Rerolling a double-anviled item seems to make a single-enchanted item though... Burglary is a major experience booster - lockpicking gives you 8 xp per, and with all the chests and doors with locks you really get quite a bit... and never lose an item in a chest or health from kicking a door.

11. Sunhawk

Sunhawk Member

Archeology and Burglary are almost must-haves for any character I make - rerolls, double anvil use, artifacts => experience, lockpicks... just too nice.

12. dosage

dosage Member

Life Leech Warrior = Dual Wield / Maces / Berserk / Vampirism / Master of the Arms / Assassination. The last skill is users choice, I like Smithing or Archeology.

1st Level put point into vampirism and use corpse eat to keep up HP. After that buff Master of the Arms all the way up. Counter Counter Counter while earning life and random bonuses always going off. This is a strong build that starts off a little weak but after level 3 or so you're good to go. When you fight the Zoo find a spot where only one mob comes through at a time and destroy all of them one at a time without dropping life at all. You dont need food or water with this build... just two maces!

13. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Why maces? Maces offers little in terms of countering, and if you knock them back you can't counter. Better off with swords.

14. dosage

dosage Member

swords might be a better option, thanks for the input

15. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

Archaeologist + Fungus = tons of fodder for the Lutefisk God once you find a cube, and then you can convert the stuff you get into XP or into something useful.

Also maybe it's just me, but I never run out of lockpicks - the trick is to hide them in a crafting screen you don't use, so they're easily accessible but you don't accidentally use them to open doors.