Streaming some archer-mage adventures

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Aftermath, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Aftermath

Aftermath Member

http://www.justin.tv/aftermathrar

Setup is: Archery, Geomancy, Astrology, Blood Arts, Burglary, Archaeology, and Tinkering.

Tried this character last night and liked it quite a bit. Somehow lost my save when I went to check this morning, so decided to give it another go and stream it. The first floor is a little tedious, I have to hide behind a Golem for most of it because I don't really have any melee skills and magic's weak. Really starts to get going around the second floor, once Blood Arts gets some points into it.

See you guys in the chat, hopefully I won't perform too terribly.

2. Aftermath

Aftermath Member

First session done, just entered level 3, although I'm pretty bad at commentating stuff it seems, maybe I'll be more talkative after a nice rest. Level 1 was spent hiding behind the mustache golem. I found a really good mace at some point, so level 2 was a mix of mustache golem and meleeing things even though my character didn't know how. I don't think the penalty for that is quite high enough, I was hitting pretty much as hard as it said I should.

Archery's all set to go now, I'm going to attempt to not use the mustache as a crutch now. I'll be trying to experiment with how walling enemies away and then shooting at them will work out, there seems to be some monsters that don't get teleported when you wall them. My sneakiness is higher than anticipated, though, so I might be able to get away with just that (and probably getting ninja vanish).

I have some really bad equipment, so my magic is pitifully weak currently, will see if that changes. Basically just need to find a Dark Orb and an amulet with sagacity on it.

3. Lokloklok

Lokloklok Member

Hey man, next time could you lower the volume or raise mic volume? It was hard to hear you at points.

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Member

Starting up again, hope to see you guys in the chat.

5. Drog

Drog Member

Will this be continued?