Double Level Up Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Fives, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Fives

Fives Member

I've had this happen a few times in my current (latest version 1.0.9) playthrough. Basically, I get so many kills with one aoe spell on a turn that I level up TWICE. I think what happens is I get enough for the current level up, but the game doesn't reset my exp before checking if I get enough for the next level as well. Happened from 9 -> 11 and 21 -> 23, first time with a huge obvious fireball, second time with tenebrous rift. Now I'm not complaining about free levels, as I need them with the quests bugging out in no time to grind mode, but this is still something that needs to be looked at.

A freebie (not sure if this one is known) from the same game - tenebrous rift doesn't have any of the usual necro penalties if you just click on the ground to cast instead of on a mob. Is this intended? (Doesn't seem right)

2. Moglok

Moglok Member

I gained about 4 levels on my fireball character. I bet it was the same thing.

3. verba

verba Member

Today I've gained 5 hero levels annihilating a monster zoo (on level 4 with around 100 monsters) with lots of runes of exploding; guess it's the same thing too and not so much intended.

4. Velorien

Velorien Member

It's not just No Time To Grind - quest mobs also regularly fail to spawn in normal mode.

So that's what killed my last Permadeath character on Level 10! I noticed I wasn't getting any Necropain from rifts even when my magic power exceeded my necro resist and thought "huh. I didn't realise rifts didn't do Necropain - this'll be so handy" then died of Necropain when using Tenebrous Rift on a zoo.

Sometimes I get moments of moral doubt and ask myself "should I really be exploiting bugs to make my character stronger?" Then I remember how many dozens of my Permadeath characters have been killed by other bugs and my conscience magically clears.

5. Intrinsic

Intrinsic Member

Just got this double level up myself nuking with dragon's breath. I think if you are less than 1 kill away and you kill multiple mobs with an AE at the same time instead of adding teh XP together and then levelling you it counts each individual kill onto what it saw as your XP at it's time of death.

6. Felicia D

Felicia D Member

I should've checked to see if anyone else was having this: I think it's definitely checking you against the higher levels, so if you get enough experience in one go to meet what the next level requires it gives you both. Proooobably shouldn't do that.