Dual wield broken?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Greg72, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Greg72

Greg72 Member

When you dual wield two weapons, you don't gain the counter attack bonus listed on the skills, tried two swords, two maces, sword, mace, axe, mixed it up, no counter attack bonus. Took another rank, no difference.

Anyone else noticed dual wield passive counter-bonus not working?

2. Timrod

Timrod Member

As far as I know the first few dual-wield skills work fine. The last one ("Not Drizzt") is bugged - it SUBTRACTS 5 counter chance instead of adding it.

3. Greg72

Greg72 Member

I tested a few variations with the new patch first 1-2-3 skill levels various weapons etc, no skill bonus.

They need to test things out a bit more :p

4. kbe

kbe Member

That would be nice, there's so many bugs atm.

5. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Ack! Just got the "Not Drizzt" skill and my counterattack is screaming in pain. :(

6. Animation

Animation Member

Speaking of bugs ... I wonder if these guys are even making enough money to have it worth patching and working on it. I hope so, but the game is already slipping on the top games on steam. Which is too bad, I love roguelikes and its nice to have a modern one. I think their skills are great fun. I wish the developers the best. Good luck guys!

7. Greg72

Greg72 Member

I hope they do simply because they spent so much time on it. I'd be happy with the game-as-is if skills/basic stuff worked as intended

8. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Dual Wield is more of a "get and forget" skill, since it does add quite a bit for that first point, but any more is 'meh'.

9. Greg72

Greg72 Member

It doesn't add any counter attack at all for the first levels, and the last actually takes points away, how could this be missed or not fixed yet (lol). Its entirely broken except having a 2nd weapon on dmg

10. satoru

satoru Member

Odd the xml file doesn't appear broken in any way so I'm not sure why it would subtract instead of adding points.

11. Greg72

Greg72 Member

wierd that first abilities have no effect and the last has an opposite