Necromancy question

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by szendroib, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Incendax

Incendax Member

I am only and specifically debating the early game of Necronomiconomics compared to the early game of other spell trees. Any further responses to my posts should bear this in mind. You are free to reference my prior posts regarding this issue but there is no sense beating around the bush if we are talking about separate topics.

2. Incendax

Incendax Member

Double Post converted to something useful!

@Embolus Nope, I'm speaking specifically about using Solar Inscription to two-shot level 1 and 2 creatures on Going Rogue difficulty. The burn AOE from Dragon's Breath may be low, but it is more than enough for two casts to savage multiple enemies on level 1 and 2 if you open the door and find a room full of deserving targets. Radiant Aura is rather unreliable, but considering it from a pure damage/mana ratio it can drastically outperform Deathly Hex.

3. Steinernein

Steinernein Member

What about the later abilities? It does have a life drain too (though that comes at a price as well).

4. The Nosferatu

The Nosferatu Member

I just maxed my necro skill tree and I must say, its a very fun tree, in the end I died at level 3 by the afteraffects of the latest skill which I used on a zoo room. Necro is powerfull, if you use blood magic then you can mostly toss around the second skill with ease because the debuff is hardly noticable.
    My tip on going necro though... make sure you have a good alternative. For example, I used dragons breath as my main damaging skill and used vampirism for health issues and so I could do decent melee (even though i didn't had any melee skills)
    The biggest problem with necro.. its just too fun to use. And forgetting that using a skill could kill if your not carefull is the biggest issue I had.